The US based and largest culture of honour organisation iChange Nations has selected Professor Businge to have an award in his name. According to its CEO and World Civility Spokesperson Dr Clyde Rivers, ‘The Professor Patrick Businge Greatness Award’ will be given to people around the world who exhibit greatness like him.
Speaking at the Luton Hoo Hotel in the outskirts of London in the presence of over 60 people from 25 countries, Dr Clyde Rivers said, “Professor Patrick Businge, you have been a blessing to the world to come up with Greatness University”.
The launch of this award took place on 25th January 2020 at the occasion when Greatness University hosted its first ever World Greatness Awards to honour civility humanitarians: people who help people and value the people they help. Created together with his wife Dr Julian Businge, the World Greatness Awards which, in the words of the World Civility Leader Dr Clyde Rivers are ‘The OSCARS for the World’s Greatest Civility Humanitarians’, are given to modern day heroes, role models and living saints.
Standing in the Mansion House on the wintry evening where, on 26th June 1948, the wartime British Prime Minister Sir Winston Churchill addressed over 110,000 people and thanked them for their support during the Second World War; was the location where Professor Patrick Businge appreciated the honour and gave out 7 of his awards to the icons, creators and leading lights of greatness.
- The Icon of Greatness Dr Jason Renville, Guyana: Founder & CEO of Jason Renville International, Empowerment Facilitator, TV Host, Co-Founder of Goshen Safe Haven Community Development Center
- The Leading Light of Greatness Dr Oluwafemi T Ogunjinmi, USA: Global Relationship New Rule Expert, Award Winning Motivational Speaker, Talk Show host and Creator of the National Relationship Equity Day
- The Leading Light of Greatness Dr Tshibangu Mukumbay, DRC: Founder of ‘Union du Peuple d’ Avenir (UPA)’/ United People with One Destiny, A Dynamic Coach, and Progressive Advocator of fairness, Equality and the Eradication of Human Suffering
- The Creator of Greatness Dr Christine Koziachuk, USA: Founder of Every Girl Wins Institute, World Civility Ambassador, International Speaker, Entrepreneur, and Author
- The Leading Light of Greatness Dr Lul Abdiwahid, Kenya: Founder and CEO of Pure Pearl Foundation, World Civility Ambassador, Among the top 100 most influential Kenyan Muslims, and the World Civility Icon Woman of the Year, Africa 2019
- The Icon of Greatness Professor Ona C Miller, USA: Founder of First Ladies Global Institute™, Female Civility Icon, Goodwill Ambassador for the Golden Rule, and Creator of Nation Female Civility Day
- The Creator of Greatness Dr Anana Phifer-Derilhomme, USA: Entrepreneur, Author, Speaker, Success Coach, and Founder of BlessedGirl.
Professor Patrick Businge congratulated the recipients of his greatness award for being recognized whilst they are still alive, for more often, people’s greatness is celebrated when they are dead. He went on to say that people need to live their greatness every day and it is ok to be great. When asked the criteria to be met in order to received his award, Professor Patrick Businge said, ‘You need selfless service. There is no greatness without service. So, when faced with the situation, do not ask the question, “What will happen to me if I do not help them but what will happen to them if I don’t help them’.
Professor Patrick Businge holds 7 university degrees including a PhD from Exeter University in England, UK. He is the Founder of Greatness University: the world’s first institution dedicated to researching, documenting and celebrating greatness in individuals, businesses and organizations. Professor Patrick is the inventor of World Book of Greatness which is ‘The Guinness Book of Records for Greatness’.
He is a special representative to the United Nations and a Distinguished Fellow in the Order of St Hadrian of Canterbury. He has authored over 12 books and co-authored with over 250 people. Professor Patrick Businge is currently writing a biography on King Oyo Nyimba Kabamba Iguru Rukidi IV: The World’s Youngest Reigning Monarch as recorded in the Guinness Book of Records.