The global e-waste market generated is expected to reach 63.705 million metric Tons by 2025, according to a study conducted by Grand View Research, Inc. The rising disposable income in developing countries coupled with consumer’s inclination toward technologically advanced gadgets have resulted in the significant sales of electronic devices across the globe, thereby driving the e-waste management market.
Furthermore, with the increasing use of electronic devices across the world, the amount of waste generated has also substantially increased over the years. The disposal of e-scrap has become a key concern for developing as well as developed economies since health hazards associated with e-scrap landfill and incineration are considerable. Hence, the need to manage and recycle this waste is expected to emerge as a primary need for numerous nations worldwide, which, in turn, is expected to positively impact the growth of the e-waste management market over the next nine years.
Additionally, a majority of nations across the globe have regulated electronic scrap generation and their treatment procedures. For instance, the European Union (EU) has authorized all electronic goods manufacturers to undertake the responsibility for the treatment of end-of-life products. A few of these regulations include the Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive (RoHS), the Basel Convention, and the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE), among others. Waste management initiatives and programs also help in job creation and imparting technological knowledge, thus aiding in poverty alleviation and enhanced health conditions.
Request a sample Copy of the Global E-waste Management Market Research Report @ www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/e-waste-management-market/request/rs1
However, high costs associated with e-waste recycling are expected to hinder the market growth. Moreover, the procurement of high-end machinery to effectively recycle the scrap coupled with instructing the workers about the meticulous execution of every step remain to be the major hurdles in the growth of the e-waste management market. However, increasing the awareness about the hazardous effects of e-waste on human health along with strict regulations concerning the generation and treatment of e-waste in a majority of countries are expected to reduce the effect of these challenges over the forecast period.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global e-waste management market stood at 44.69 million metric tons in 2016. Increasing government regulations regarding adequate e-scrap treatment along with increasing mid-income population in developing economies
- The metal segment accounted for the highest market share in 2016. Electronic components are mainly made up of metals that are used for various purposes such as tracks in PCBs and peripheral equipment, which, in turn, is anticipated to drive the segment growth over the forecast years.
- The consumer electronics segment held the highest market share in 2016. The rising disposable income coupled with falling prices of consumer electronics are key reasons that are positively affecting the consumer electronic market.
- The disposal segment held the highest market share in 2016. However, the recycling segment is anticipated to grow at a substantial CAGR of over 3.0% owing to programs undertaken by numerous governments and NGOs that focus on effective collection, treatment, and recycling of e-scrap.
- Prominent market participants include Electronic Recyclers International, Inc., Enviro-Hub Holdings Ltd., MRI (Australia) Pty Ltd., Sims Recycling Ltd., Umicore S.A., and Waste Management, Inc., among others.
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts @ www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/917/ibb
Grand View Research has segmented the global e-waste management market on the basis of processed material, source, application, and region:
E-waste Management Processed Material Outlook (Volume, Million Metric Tons, 2014-2025)
E-waste Management Source Outlook (Volume, Million Metric Tons, 2014-2025)
- Industrial Electronics
- IT & Telecom Equipment
- Networking Cards/Equipment
- Digital Boards
- Medical Equipment
- Monitoring And Control Equipment
- Consumer Electronics
- Household Appliances
- Handheld Electronics
- IT Accessories
- Laptop Cases
- USD Memory Sticks
- IT Equipment
Application Outlook (Volume, Million Metric Tons, 2014-2025)
Regional Outlook (Volume, Million Metric Tons, 2014-2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Browse Related Category @
Commercial Refrigeration Equipment Market – www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/commercial-refrigeration-equipment-market
Food Service Equipment Market – www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/food-service-equipment-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research Guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States