DelveInsight’s ‘Lyme disease (LD)- Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2030’ report delivers an in-depth view of the current clinical development trends and growth projections in the Lyme disease market in the
- The USA
- EU5 (Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, and France), and
for the Study period 2017-28.
The report provides a comprehensive view of the historical and epidemiological analysis including total diagnosed pool, incident population, and prevalent population as per the availability of the data. As per the historical analysis, analysts provide a clear-cut picture of the forecast trends of the Lyme disease market and epidemiology.
The report covers Lyme disease treatment landscape including therapies, regulatory guidelines, commercial assessment and clinical evaluation. The report offers all the products from the pre-clinical developmental phase to the marketed phase, with an all-inclusive description of the drug, mechanism of action, clinical studies, NDA approvals (if any), and product development activities.
The Lyme disease Market report also sheds light on the novel technologies, unmet needs, Lyme disease partnerships, licensing, mergers and acquisition, funding, titles/labels, and other product-related details along with Lyme disease market drivers and barriers.
Lyme disease market: Disease understanding and Epidemiological analysis
Lyme disease is an infectious disease caused by the bacterium Borrelia burgdorferi, thus also known as Lyme burgdorferi. It is transmitted by the bite of black-legged ticks. The Lyme disease symptoms include headache, fever, fatigue, chills, and in most severe cases, people may begin to experience facial palsy, arthritis, and heart palpitations.
Lyme disease incidence has doubled since 1991, from about 4 cases per 100,000 people to 8 per 100,000 people, says CDC.
As per DelveInsight, total Lyme disease incident population in the 7MM was recorded 492,398 cases, whereas total diagnosed Lyme disease incident population was 396,761 for the study period 2017-28.
The Lyme disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted Lyme disease epidemiology scenario in the 7MM. The DelveInsight Lyme disease report also provides epidemiology trends segmented into gender, types and other as per the availability in graphical form.
Lyme Disease Market: Treatment landscape and Emerging therapies
Almost 70-80% of people who are affected by the Lyme disease develop rashes.
The most viable option for Lyme disease treatment is Antibiotics. However, from past years, efforts are being made to prevent Lyme from affecting people.
Total pharmacological Lyme disease market size for 7MM was estimated to be around USD 408.35 million in 2017. The United States accounts for the largest Lyme disease market size in comparison to EU5 (the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain) and Japan.
At Present Lyme disease treatment market constitutes mainly of:
- Antibiotics comprising Tetracycline (Doxycycline)
- Penicillins (Amoxicillin and Benzathine Penicillin)
- Cephalosporins (Cefuroxime, Ceftriaxone and Cefotaxime)
- Macrolides (Azithromycin and clarithromycin)
Lyme disease market has a weak pipeline with only a single emerging pipeline product – VLA15 (Valneva).
DelveInsight estimates that a weak pipeline is an opportunity for the other pharma players to grab the market share.
Expected launch of potential therapies (currently only one i.e., VLA15) shall increase market size in the coming years. Moreover, an increase in diagnosed Lyme disease incident population shall also increase the Lyme disease market size.
The treatment course for Lyme disease (LD) includes Antibiotics comprising Tetracycline (Doxycycline), Penicillins (Amoxicillin and Benzathine Penicillin), Cephalosporins (Cefuroxime, Ceftriaxone and Cefotaxime), Macrolides (Azithromycin and clarithromycin) and some other medications for the related manifestations associated with the Lyme disease (LD).
Lyme Disease Report Highlights
- Dynamic Lyme disease market trends
- Healthcare spending fuelling Lyme disease Market
- Collaborations, mergers, and acquisitions in Lyme disease Market
- Challenges poised and opportunities present influencing Lyme disease Market
- R&D driving Market
- Novel therapies and drugs in Lyme disease pipeline
- Major players involved impacting Lyme disease market
- In-depth analysis of the pipeline products (Phase III and Phase II), comparative analysis with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities
Table of Contents
1. Key Insights
2. Executive Summary of Lyme Disease
3. Competitive Intelligence Analysis for Lyme Disease
4. Lyme Disease: Market Overview at a Glance
5. Lyme Disease: Disease Background and Overview
6. Patient Journey
7. Lyme Disease Epidemiology and Patient Population
8. Treatment Algorithm, Current Treatment, and Medical Practices
9. Unmet Needs
10. Key Endpoints of Lyme Disease Treatment
11. Marketed Products
12. Emerging Therapies
13. Lyme Disease: Seven Major Market Analysis
14. Attribute analysis
15. 7MM: Market Outlook
16. Access and Reimbursement Overview of Lyme Disease
17. KOL Views
18. Market Drivers
19. Market Barriers
21. DelveInsight Capabilities
DelveInsight is a premier Business Consulting and Market Research firm focused exclusively on the life science segment. With a wide array of smart end-to-end solutions, the firm helps the global Pharmaceutical and Bio-Tech companies formulate prudent business decisions for
Browse through our vast repository from here.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Vinita Rakheja
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
State: New York
Country: United States