DelveInsight’s ‘Lyme disease Pipeline Insight, 2020’ report covers pipeline landscape including Lyme disease treatment landscape including therapies, regulatory guidelines, commercial assessment and clinical evaluation. The report offers all the products from the pre-clinical developmental phase to the marketed phase, with an all-inclusive description of the drug, mechanism of action, clinical studies, NDA approvals (if any), and product development activities
- The US
For the Study period 2017-30.
The Lyme disease Market report also sheds light on the novel technologies, unmet needs, Lyme disease partnerships, licensing, mergers and acquisition, funding, titles/labels, and other product-related details along with Lyme disease market drivers and barriers.
Lyme disease market: Disease understanding
Lyme disease is an infectious disease caused by the Bacterium Borrelia burgdorferi, thus also known as Lyme burgdorferi. It is transmitted by the bite of black-legged ticks. The Lyme disease symptoms include headache, fever, fatigue, chills, and in most severe cases, people may begin to experience facial palsy, arthritis, and heart palpitations.
Lyme disease incidence has doubled since 1991, from about 4 cases per 100,000 people to 8 per 100,000 people, says CDC.
As per DelveInsight, total Lyme disease incident population in the 7MM was recorded 492,398 cases, whereas total diagnosed Lyme disease incident population was 396,761 for the study period 2017-28.
Lyme Disease Pipeline
Almost 70-80% of people who are affected by the Lyme disease develop rashes.
The most viable option for Lyme disease treatment is Antibiotics. However, from past years, efforts are being made to prevent Lyme from affecting people.
At Present Lyme disease treatment market constitutes mainly of:
- Antibiotics comprising Tetracycline (Doxycycline)
- Penicillins (Amoxicillin and Benzathine Penicillin)
- Cephalosporins (Cefuroxime, Ceftriaxone and Cefotaxime)
- Macrolides (Azithromycin and clarithromycin)
Lyme disease market has a weak pipeline with only a single emerging pipeline product – VLA15 (Valneva).
Expected launch of potential therapies (currently only one i.e., VLA15) shall increase market size in the coming years. Moreover, an increase in diagnosed Lyme disease incident population shall also increase the Lyme disease market size.
- Comprehensive understanding of disease pathogenesis
- Novel therapies
- Changing Lyme Disease marker trends
- Companies and academics working in Lyme Disease market
- Challenges present and opportunities untapped in the Lyme Disease market
- R&D influencing Lyme Disease market
- A detailed pharma players’ portfolio involved in fuelling the Lyme Disease treatment market
- In-depth analysis of the Lyme Disease pipeline assets
Table of Contents
1. Report Introduction
2. Lyme Disease
3. Lyme Disease Current Treatment Patterns
4. Lyme Disease – DelveInsight’s Analytical Perspective
5. Therapeutic Assessment
6. Lyme Disease Late Stage Products (Phase-III)
7. Lyme Disease Mid Stage Products (Phase-II)
8. Early Stage Products (Phase-I)
9. Pre-clinical Products and Discovery Stage Products
10. Inactive Products
11. Dormant Products
12. Lyme Disease Discontinued Products
13. Lyme Disease Product Profiles
14. Lyme Disease Key Companies
15. Lyme Disease Key Products
16. Dormant and Discontinued Products
17. Lyme Disease Unmet Needs
18. Lyme Disease Future Perspectives
19. Lyme Disease Analyst Review
21. Report Methodology
*The table of contents is not exhaustive; will be provided in the final report
DelveInsight is a premier Business Consulting and Market Research firm focused exclusively on the life science segment. With a wide array of smart end-to-end solutions, the firm helps the global Pharmaceutical and Bio-Tech companies formulate prudent business decisions.
Browse through our vast repository from here.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Vinita Rakheja
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
State: New York
Country: United States