DelveInsight has launched a report on “‘Polycythemia Vera – Epidemiology Forecast to 2030”
DelveInsight’s ‘Polycythemia Vera – Epidemiology Forecast to 2030‘ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted Polycythemia Vera epidemiology in the 7MM, i.e., the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
Some of the Facts:
- According to DelveInsight, total prevalent population of Polycythemia Vera (PV) in the 7MM was found to be 301,833 in 2017.
- Most of the diagnosed prevalence of PV was found in the United States with 107,760 cases in 2017.
- Japan had 22,974 diagnosed prevalent cases for PV in 2017.
- Among EU5, Germany had the highest diagnosed prevalent population of PV with 12,085 cases
“As per DelveInsight’s analysis, the therapeutic market of Polycythemia Vera (PV) in the seven major markets was assessed to be USD 1,099.54 million in 2017”
Polycythemia Vera (PV) is a rare condition characterized by the progressively increased number of red blood cells in bloodstream, white blood cells (WBC) and platelets also increase in number in the affected people. This condition is known as myeloproliferative neoplasms, where the body produces too many of these cells (RBC, WBC and Platelets). These new cells cause the blood to be thicker than usual, increasing the risk for blood clots that can block blood flow in arteries and veins. If a blood clot occurs in the veins, deep in the arms and the legs, it is known as deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
Mutation in the JAK2 kinase is responsible for PV. Most cases of PV are associated with genetic changes that are somatic, not in the egg and sperm cells, which pass on genetic information to offspring.
The diagnosis of PV is done by testing the blood for levels of a hormone called erythropoietin or testing the blood for mutations in JAK2. Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy are also done to confirm whether or not a person has PV. The diagnostic test also includes Complete blood count (CBC) to measure the number and quality of WBCs, RBCs, and platelets.
Scope of the Report
- The Polycythemia Vera report covers a detailed overview explaining its causes, symptoms, classification, pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment patterns
- The Polycythemia Vera Epidemiology Report and Model provide an overview of the risk factors and global trends of Polycythemia Vera in the seven major markets (7MM:US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan)
- The report provides insight about the historical and forecasted patient pool of Polycythemia Vera in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan
- The report helps to recognize the growth opportunities in the 7MM with respect to the patient population
- The report assesses the disease risk and burden and highlights the unmet needs of Polycythemia Vera
- The report provides the segmentation of the Polycythemia Vera epidemiology
We interview, KOLs and SME’s opinion through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. The opinion helps to understand the total patient population and current treatment pattern. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the indications.
Key Questions Answered
- What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM with respect to the patient population pertaining to Polycythemia Vera?
- What are the key findings pertaining to the Polycythemia Vera epidemiology across 7MM and which country will have the highest number of patients during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- What would be the total number of patients of Polycythemia Vera across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- Among the EU5 countries, which country will have the highest number of patients during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- At what CAGR the patient population is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- What is the disease risk, burden and unmet needs of the Polycythemia Vera?
- What are the currently available treatments of Polycythemia Vera?
Reasons to buy
- The Polycythemia Vera Epidemiology report will allow the user to –
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Polycythemia Vera market
- Quantify patient populations in the global Polycythemia Vera market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for Polycythemia Vera therapeutics in each of the markets covered
- Understand the magnitude of Polycythemia Vera population by its epidemiology
- The Polycythemia Vera Epidemiology Model developed by DelveInsight is easy to navigate, interactive with dashboards, and epidemiology based with transparent and consistent methodologies. Moreover, the model supports data presented in the report and showcases disease trends over 11-year forecast period using reputable sources
- Patient Segmentation
- Disease Risk and Burden
- Risk of disease by the segmentation
- Factors driving growth in a specific patient population
The Polycythemia Vera report provides an overview of therapeutic pipeline activity and therapeutic assessment of the products by development stage, product type, route of administration, molecule type, and MOA type for Polycythemia Vera across the complete product development cycle, including all clinical and nonclinical stages.
The Polycythemia Vera market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Polycythemia Vera market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Polycythemia Vera market Size from 2017 to 2030 segmented by seven major markets.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Ankit Nigam
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
State: New York
Country: United States