The global Hereditary Testing Market size is expected to reach USD 8.9 billion by 2026, expanding at a CAGR of 6.3% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Key factors driving the market are declining cost of sequencing and availability of genetic tests at a lower price. Furthermore, the availability of niche and fragmented point-solutions across genomics value chain, namely sequencing, analytics, interpretation, aggregation, and marketplace, is anticipated to propel the market growth over the forecast period.
The advent of direct-to-consumer genetics is anticipated to play a major role in the genetic testing market by enabling individuals to carry out self-testing. This expands the role of genetic counselors, which further aids in understanding the importance of genetic tests and helps in the selection of appropriate tests. A growing number of registered genetic counselors is anticipated to boost the adoption of hereditary genetic tests in the coming years.
Technology developers are introducing advanced products to enhance the efficiency of genetic tests by diagnostic companies. For example, in June 2019, QIAGEN launched a new QIAseq Expanded Carrier Screening Panel, a novel Next-generation Sequencing (NGS) panel integrated with advanced bioinformatics solutions for rare and inherited diseases testing. Such ongoing developments in the market space are expected to boost revenue growth to a large extent in the coming years.
Request a Sample Copy of the Global Hereditary Testing Market Research Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/hereditary-testing-market/request/rs1
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- A substantial number of CLIA-certified laboratories perform tests to determine whether an individual carries an inherited mutated gene that can cause cancer. This has led to increased hereditary testing market share of hereditary testing for cancer in 2019
- Breast cancer testing segment has dominated the hereditary cancer testing market owing to its high penetration and increased inheritability
- On the other hand, most of the cases of cervical cancer are non-hereditary, resulting in the lowest revenue share of this segment
- Emergence of high-throughput sequencing has resulted in commercial availability of a significant number of sequencing assays for cardiomyopathies, thereby driving the cardiac diseases segment
- Non-invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT) and newborn genetic screening continue to witness lucrative growth due to increased adoption across the globe
- Moreover, the newborn screening program has been made mandatory in several regions and countries, resulting in large share of these test types among the hereditary non-cancer testing segment
- Europe and North America collectively accounted for nearly 70% of the revenue generated in 2019 owing to assisted reproductive technology space coupled with high penetration of newborn genetic screening
- Myriad Genetics, Inc.; Quest Diagnostics Incorporated; Invitae Corporation; Illumina, Inc.; and Natera, Inc. are some of the major key players operating in the marketplace
- These companies are engaged in securing regulatory approval in the emerging countries to expand their business footprint
- A substantial number of diagnostic companies have collaborated with technology developers to obtain technology license and deliver high value services to their customers.
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts@ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/7112/ibb
Grand View Research has segmented the global hereditary testing market on the basis of disease type and region:
Hereditary Testing Disease Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- Hereditary Cancer Testing
- Lung Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Stomach/Gastric Cancer
- Uterine Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Hereditary Non-cancer Testing
- Genetic Tests
- Cardiac Diseases
- Rare Diseases
- Other Diseases
- Newborn Genetic Screening
- Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis & Screening
- Non-invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT) & Carrier Screening Tests
Hereditary Testing Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- South East Asia
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Browse Related Reports @
C-Reactive Protein Testing Market: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/global-c-reactive-protein-testing-market
Clinical Laboratory Tests Market: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/clinical-laboratory-tests-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States