How to make coffee without a coffee maker has become a trending topic of late, due to the fallout from COVID-19 lockdown. This situation has led to the increase in demand for home brew coffee, and suddenly out of the blue many coffee lovers are now faced with a different challenge, of not owing a coffee machine or the needed coffee accessories.
A coffee maker is a common cooking appliance used in brewing coffee. You suddenly want a nice cup of coffee but cannot get it, or you just aren’t sure how you’re going to do it without a coffee machine. There is need not to worry, as the below barista-approved tips will explain how to make coffee without a coffee maker.
The handkerchief Technique
Oh, you don’t have any coffee filter but you want coffee now, no problem at all, all you need to do is track down a clean handkerchief. Focus on the word clean. Now grab two or three larger paper clips.
• Attach the hanky to the sides of the cup using the paperclips to create a makeshift filter for your coffee.
• Add the coffee to the top of your filter.
• Heat the desired amount of water until it boils.
• Using a small amount of water to wet the grounds and allows it to set for 30 seconds.
• Slowly pour the water over your makeshift filter
• Remove the filter and enjoy your freshly brewed cup of coffee
Imitation French Press Technique
French Press work by using some immersive technique to brew coffee. This process can easily be improvised using basic items you have in the kitchen.
• Measure out a tablespoon of coffee for each cup you want to brew.
• Heat the appropriate amount of water, based on the qty of coffee.
• Wet the coffee and wait for a few seconds.
• Pour over the rest of your water.
• Allow the coffee to stand for four minutes.
• Pour it slowing into your cup making sure that the grounds don’t spill into your cup.
The Microwave Technique
Microwave can be really handy for those mornings you need a good cup of coffee to start your day.
• Fill a large cup with water.
• Place it in the center of your microwave and heat it for approximately two minutes
• Add a large spoon of coffee to the water and stir
• Let it steep for a couple of minutes and allow the coffee to settle to the bottom.
• Add milk or sugar if you like and enjoy your cup of coffee.
Cowboy Coffee Technique
This is actually a great way to brew coffee while you are off quarantined in the wilderness, camping, and enjoying nature.
• Place your coffee into the bottom of the kettle.
• Add the desired amount of water.
• Place on a heating source. This could be a campfire.
• Stir the coffee and the water before he gets too hot.
• Remove from the heating source and wait while the grounds settle to the bottom of the kettle.
• Pour and enjoy it! Yeehaw!
Mason jar Technique
This is a very handy cold brew coffee maker.
• Boil two cups of water.
• Add three to four tablespoons of coffee to one of the jars and pour the boiling water over the grounds.
• Allow the coffee steep for four minutes.
• Using a strainer, pour the coffee from the one jar into the other.
• Add the coffee to your favorite cup and enjoy it.
Hey, there is nothing wrong with the classic methods of brewing coffee. This is really an old fashioned way of making coffee on your stove.
• Open the percolator and add six to eight ounces of water per cup of coffee.
• Place the chamber and tube assembly into the percolator and add the desired amount of coffee
• Heat the water. Allow the temperature to rise until the water in the chamber boils forcing some of it up the tube to the top where it splashes onto the perforated lid of the chamber. This water then seeps through the coffee grounds.
• Remove from heat before the brewed coffee boils and enjoy a fresh cup of coffee.
For more on how to get rid of mold in coffee maker, the best coffee maker with grinder, coffee grinders and how to make dalgona coffee.
About Brew Coffee Maker
Brew Coffee Maker is a marketplace for coffee lovers interested in restaurant-style coffee from the comfort of their homes. Big brands, espresso machines, hottest coffee recipes and new entrants are reviewed here, including latest industry trends, so that consumers know features available on specific brands.