The global omega 3 market size is projected to reach USD 4.50 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 7.7% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising consumption of omega 3 in the active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) market is one of the major factors driving the demand for the product. Market growth can be attributed to rising health consciousness among consumers across the globe following a rise in the spread of chronic diseases.
Growing population in emerging countries, notably in Asia Pacific, has contributed to the growth of the market. In addition, the industry is driven by technological advancements pertaining to the manufacturing of APIs among other highly potent active ingredients across the globe. Strong growth of the dietary supplements market is another important factor bolstering the demand for omega 3. The product is increasingly consumed in the dietary supplements market to reduce the risk of cardiovascular and heart diseases.
Omega 3 is known to reduce the risk of arrhythmias or abnormal heartbeats. Furthermore, it slows down the growth rate of atherosclerotic plaque while lowering the levels of blood pressure in humans. The growth of the industry is also attributed to rising disposable income, notably among the middle class population in economies, such as China and India.
North America emerged as the largest regional omega 3 market in 2019. This is attributed to increasing focus of the market players on R&D activities for the development of various grades of omega 3, most notably pharma grade omega 3 for enhanced medication to prevent chronic diseases.
Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the fastest CAGR over the forecast period. Ongoing advancements in the food industry and medical science, coupled with demographic changes and high consumer demand, are expected to provide impetus to the regional market growth throughout the forecast period.
Request a Sample Copy of the Omega 3 Market Research Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/omega-3-market/request/rs1
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- In terms of application, supplements and functional foods emerged as the largest segment in 2019, generating a revenue of USD 1.30 billion. The segment is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period. The growth of the region is led by economies, including India, China, and Japan. The region has also been witnessing uniform and sustained growth across all the application segments
- The market is characterized by intense competition due to presence of a sizable number of international and domestic players. Key players are adopting strategic initiatives, such as mergers & acquisitions and product innovation, in order to withstand competition in the market
- Key omega 3 market participants include Aker BioMarine, Axellus, BASF SE, DSM, Omega Protein Corporation, GC Reiber Oils, Martek Biosciences Corporation, and Lonza.
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts@ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/226/ibb
Grand View Research has segmented the global omega 3 market on the basis of type, source, application, and region:
Omega 3 Type Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)
- Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA)
- Alpha-linolenic Acid (ALA)
Omega 3 Source Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Marine Source
- Plant Source
Omega 3 Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Supplements & Functional Foods
- Infant Formulas
- Animal Feed & Pet Food
Omega 3 Regional Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- North America
- The Netherlands
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
Browse Related Reports @
Potato Protein Market: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/potato-protein-market
Fertility Supplements Market: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/fertility-supplements-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States