We all are facing a difficult situation all around. We can see the news of the COVID-19 virus spread through television, newspaper, social media and friends, and other sources available. The most prevalent issue that people are facing is fear. It can make anyone anxious, panicked, and even frustrated. But this is not true. Sitting at home in the lockdown situation is really irritating, but we have to deal with it. During this time, we all have to take care of our mental and physical health.
What Is The Importance Of Lockdown?
Lockdown is made for preventing the spread of infection from one individual to another. This means that you should not step out of the house except buying your daily necessities for reducing the number of trips. However, if there is anyone sick in your home, you should need to get medical help. In this situation, you should get to know about the medical facilities near you.
How You Can Avoid Social Isolation
Staying at home is the best thing to do. But, you might feel it to be boring and restricting. Here are some of the ways you can make yourself busy –
- Keep yourself busy by maintaining a regular schedule. Help your family members in daily chores like cooking, washing clothes and dishes
- Distract your mind from the negative emotions by reading books, watching programs on television, and listening to music. If you are having old hobbies like painting and stitching, you can do it at this time. It is the perfect time to rediscover your hobbies.
- During this time, it is very important to keep your body hydrated and have healthy food. Eat well and drink lots of water and fruit juices that contain vitamin C.
- You should also be physically active. You can try out some physical activities that will keep you fit and strong.
- Sharing is caring. If you found someone who needs your help or advice, you can do it. It will spread happiness. You can also distribute food and essentials to the needy poor.
- If you have children in your home, make them busy by letting them do some daily activities. This will help them to become responsible.
- If you want to talk with your close friends or relatives, you can do random chat with them through various apps.
How You Can Handle Emotional Issues
- When you are anxious, try to breathe slowly for some time. Try to avoid the thoughts that are disturbing you. Think of something that is making you feel calm. This will move slowly down your mind.
- When you are feeling angry and agitated, count back from 10 to 1. This is one of the tips to distract your mind.
- When you are feeling frightened watch something entertaining or funny making you happy.
- Feeling lonely or sad is quite common these days. Stay connected with your friends, relatives, and close ones through chatting, video chats, or calling.
Which is a big “NO” during Lockdown?
- Avoid taking tobacco, alcohol, or other types of drugs that can make you sick. People might take alcohol and tobacco to cope up with this situation but it is not advisable to consume them during this time.
- Do not judge people with the COVID infection. You should maintain a proper physical distance and keep yourself away from prevention and take the important precautions.
How to Recognize the Mental Health Issues Of Your Dear Ones
- Change in the sleeping patterns
- Increased in the use of alcohol and tobacco
- Difficulty in sleeping and concentration
- Worsening of health problems
These are some of the ways how you can identify and deal with mental issues during the lockdown. If you want to keep yourself busy, you can read more articles at https://www.magaweb.fr/