Some of the key facts of the report
– The total cases of Fragile X Syndrome in the 7MM was found to be 117,962 in 2017.
– Among all the countries, the highest population of Fragile X Syndrome was in the United States with 67,654 cases in 2017.
– Among the EU5 countries, Germany had the highest diagnosed Fragile X Syndrome prevalent population with 9,383 cases, followed by France.
Key benefits of the report
1. Fragile X Syndrome market report covers a descriptive overview and comprehensive insight of the Fragile X Syndrome epidemiology and Fragile X Syndrome market in the 7 MM (the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan.)
2. Fragile X Syndrome market report provides insights into the current and emerging therapies.
3. Fragile X Syndrome market report provides a global historical and forecasted market covering drug outreach in 7 MM.
4. Fragile X Syndrome market report offers an edge that will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Fragile X Syndrome market.
“There were 40,102 cases of Fragile X Syndrome in males and 27,552 prevalent cases in females in the US in 2017.”
Currently, there is no FDA-approved treatment for Fragile X Syndrome. The treatment relies on the associated symptoms of Fragile X Syndrome which are typically managed using pharmacologic interventions, such as stimulants for attention deficit and hyperactivity, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) for anxiety, antipsychotic drugs for aggression and mood instability, and melatonin for sleep.
In boys with Fragile X Syndrome, the most frequently used medications are stimulants. These medications are targeted toward the symptoms of hyperactivity, impulsivity, and distractability and can be quite helpful in these areas. Despite being the most common medication in Fragile X Syndrome, the efficacy of these drugs and their side effects vary for each individual.
Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are used to treat mood disorder, anxiety, and obsessive-compulsive behaviours associated with FXS. They are useful, particularly in alleviating social anxiety, tantrums, and aggression. Fluoxetine can be beneficial for selective mutism.
The launch of the emerging therapies is expected to significantly impact Fragile X Syndrome treatment scenario in the upcoming years:-
And many others
The key players in Fragile X Syndrome market are:
1. Zynerba Pharmaceuticals
2. Confluence Pharmaceuticals
3. Tetra Therapeutics
4. Ovid Therapeutics
5. Neuren Pharmaceuticals
And many others
Table of contents
1. Key Insights
2. Executive summary
4. Fragile X Syndrome Epidemiology and Market Methodology
5. Fragile X Syndrome Market Overview at a Glance
6. Fragile X Syndrome Disease Background and Overview
7. Fragile X Syndrome Epidemiology and Patient Population
7.1. Key Findings
7.2. Total Diagnosed Prevalent cases of Fragile X Syndrome in 7MM
7.3. United States
7.5. Assumptions and Rationale
7.10. United Kingdom (UK)
8. Fragile X Syndrome Current Treatment
9. Unmet Need
10. Fragile X Syndrome Emerging Drugs
10.1. Key Cross Competition
10.2. Cannabidiol: Zynerba Pharmaceuticals
10.3. Acamprosate: Confluence Pharmaceuticals
10.4. BPN14770: Tetra Therapeutics
10.5. OV101: Ovid Therapeutics
10.6. Trofinetide: Neuren Pharmaceuticals
11. Fragile X Syndrome Market Size
12. Fragile X Syndrome Market Outlook: 7 MM
12.1. United States
12.6. United Kingdom
13. Market Drivers
14. Market Barriers
15. SWOT analysis
16. Cases studies
17. KOL Views
19. DelveInsight Capabilities
21. About DelveInsight
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research Firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports pharma companies by providing end to end comprehensive solutions to improve their performance.