DelveInsight’s ‘Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) -Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast– 2030’ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD), historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2017–2030
Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) is a progressive form of muscular dystrophy that occurs primarily in males, though in rare cases may affect females too. DMD causes progressive weakness and loss (atrophy) of skeletal and heart muscles.
DMD may also affect learning and memory, as well as communication and certain social–emotional skills. Most children with DMD use a wheelchair full time by age 13.
Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Epidemiology
As per DelveInsight, the total prevalent population of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) in the seven major markets was found to be 31,386 in 2017 and the total diagnosed prevalent population of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) in the seven major markets was found to be 26,678 in 2017.
As per the DelveInsight analysis, there were 4769 patients in the age group 8–13 years followed by 14–19-year age group with 4726 patients in 2017 in the United Sates.
Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Epidemiology Segmentation
- Total Prevalent Cases
- Total Diagnosed Prevalent Population
- Age-specific Diagnosed Prevalence
- Mutation-Specific Diagnosed Prevalence
- Prevalent Population of Associated Comorbidities
Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Treatment Market
The goal of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) treatment is to control the symptoms of DMD and related complications caused by severe progressive muscle weakness and loss in order to maximize the quality of life.
Deflazacort (Brand name: Emflaza) by PTC Therapeutics/Marketed by Marathon Pharmaceuticals Eteplirsen (Brand name: Exondys 51) by Sarepta Therapeutics, Ataluren (Translarna; PTC Therapeutics) are some of the approved therapies in the DMD market.
Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Market Outlook
The dynamics of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy market is anticipated to change in the coming years owing to the improvement in the diagnosis methodologies, raising awareness of the disease, improved bio-markers, incremental healthcare spending across the world, and also expects the launch of emerging therapies during the forecast period of 2019–2028.
Companies, like Sarepta Therapeutics (Casimersen [SRP-4045]), Santhera Pharmaceuticals (Idebenone), Catabasis Pharmaceuticals(Edasalonexent), Hoffmann-La Roche (Talditercept alfa), Italfarmaco (Givinostat), Nobelpharma (Arbekacin), Pfizer (PF-06939926), Cumberland Pharma (Ifetroban) and many others are working toward the development of new treatment therapies for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
The Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, and market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted 7MM Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) market size from 2017 to 2030. The report also covers current Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
Scope of the report
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, diagnosis and currently available therapies
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy are provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
- A detailed review of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy market
Table of contents
1. Key Insights
2. Executive Summary of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
3. Competitive Intelligence Analysis for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
4. Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy: Market Overview at a Glance
5. Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy: Disease Background and Overview
6. Patient Journey
7. Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Epidemiology and Patient Population
8. Treatment Algorithm, Current Treatment, and Medical Practices
9. Unmet Needs
10. Key Endpoints of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Treatment
11. Marketed Products
12. Emerging Therapies
13. Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy: Seven Major Market Analysis
14. Attribute analysis
15. 7MM: Market Outlook
16. Access and Reimbursement Overview of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
17. KOL Views
18. Market Drivers
19. Market Barriers
21. DelveInsight Capabilities
*The table of contents is not exhaustive; the final content may vary.
DelveInsight is a premier Business Consulting and Market Research firm, focused exclusively on the life science segment. With a wide array of smart end-to-end solutions, the firm helps the global Pharmaceutical and Bio-Tech companies formulate prudent business decisions for better growth in the market.
Browse through our vast repository from here.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Vinita Rakheja
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
State: New York
Country: United States