The U.S. lead acid battery market size is expected to reach USD 14.4 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a 5.3% CAGR over the forecast period. Growing demand for uninterruptible power supply or uninterruptible power source (UPS) systems in sectors such as oil and gas, healthcare, and chemical will drive market demand.
Robust manufacturing base and rapid growth of the automotive industry in the U.S. will augment demand for vehicle production and this will drive the demand for lead acid battery over the upcoming years. Hybrid and electric vehicles will witness growth on account of ongoing trend of substituting fuel with electric batteries. In addition, the government’s stringent regulations on emission norms in order to safeguard the environment and reduce degradation-based options are expected to play a critical role in shaping the overall battery market.
Lead acid battery manufacturing has witnessed significant technology upgradations during the past few years. These trends have resulted in substantial reduction in manufacturing cost of lead acid batteries. Carbon black additives are used in lead acid and expanders as they aid in high power delivery and energy density. Moreover, these additives enable battery developers to extract high efficiency and enhance the life cycle of batteries.
To Know More About U.S. Lead Acid Battery Market, Access Sample Report@ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/us-lead-acid-battery-market/request/rs1
Moreover, presence of large steel manufacturers such as Hebei Iron & Steel Group, Baosteel Group Corp, WISCO, Jiangsu Shagang Group, Shougang Group, Anshan Iron & Steel Group, Shandong Iron & Steel Group, Maanshan Iron & Steel Co., Bohai Iron & Steel Group, and Valin Group will aid market penetration.
Various companies use these batteries on account of their low cost, high overcharge tolerance, high discharge rates, and low self-discharge. Leading end users include BMW, Toyota, Renault, Daimler, Tesla Motors, Hyundai, GM, Riello UPS, and EAPRO Global Limited. Lead acid batteries can undergo smelting process in order to be recycled and reused.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- U.S. lead acid battery market was valued at over USD 9.9 billion in 2018, registering a CARG of 5.3% over the projected period
- Lead acid battery is 99% recyclable and is required to meet the Hazardous Waste Recycling Regulations by the U.S. EPA. Carbon black additives improve mechanical properties and have excellent dispersion in both solvent and aqueous slurries. Carbon black additives are used in positive and negative electrode to increase the electrode’s electrical conductivity
- In 2018, the U.S. exported 1.8 million lightweight vehicles and 131.2 thousand medium and heavy trucks to various countries globally, creating demand for automotive production, thus propelling the utilization of lead acid batteries
- Starting, Lighting and Ignition (SLI) was the largest product segment in 2018 and accounted for 50.2% of the market revenue in 2018
- Based on construction, the flooded lead acid battery segment was the largest in 2018 and accounted for just under 60.0% of the market revenue
- Some of the significant industry participants are EnerSys, C&D Technologies, East Penn Manufacturing, Crown Battery, NorthStar, Johnson Controls, B.B. Battery, Panasonic Corporation, Exide Technologies, and CSB Battery Co., Ltd. (Acquired by Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd.).
Browse Details of Report, Please Visit @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/us-lead-acid-battery-market
Grand View Research has segmented the U.S. lead acid battery market on the basis of product, construction, and application:
U.S. Lead Acid Battery Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Starting, Lighting and Ignition (SLI)
U.S. Lead Acid Battery Construction Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- ValveRegulated (VRLA)
U.S. Lead Acid Battery Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Electric Bikes
- Transport Vehicles
Key Topics Covered
Table of Content
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
1.1 Market Segmentation & Scope
1.2 Information Procurement
1.2.1 Purchased Database
1.2.2 GVR Internal Database
1.2.3 Secondary Source & Third-Party Perspectives
1.2.4 Primary Research
1.3 Information Analysis
1.3.1 Data analysis models
1.4 Market Formulation & Data Visualization
1.5 Data Validation & Publishing
1.6 Research Scope & Assumptions
1.7 List of Data Sources
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Market Summary
2.2 Segmental Outlook
2.3 Competitive Insights
Chapter 3 U.S. Lead Acid Battery Market Variables, Trends, and Scope
3.1 Market Lineage Outlook
3.1.1 U.S. Battery Market Outlook Market Outlook
3.1.2 U.S. Lead Acid Battery Recycling Market Outlook
3.2 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping
3.3 Value Chain Analysis
3.3.1 Raw Material Trends
Browse Related Reports:
Lithium-Ion Battery Market By Product (Lithium Cobalt Oxide, Lithium Iron Phosphate, NCA, LMO, LTO, Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt (NMC)), By Application, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 – 2025:
Battery Market By Product (Lead Acid, Li-ion, Nickle Metal Hydride, Ni-Cd) By Application (Automotive, Industrial, Portable) And Segment Forecasts To 2024:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States