1. Around 3.7 billion people under the age of 50 (67%) with Herpes Simplex Virus-1 infection worldwide and around 417 million people aged 15-49 (11%) globally were affected with Herpes Simplex Virus -2 infection.
2. Approximately 776,000 people in the United States develop new Herpes Infections.
1. Herpes Simplex Virus market report covers a descriptive overview and comprehensive insight of the Herpes Simplex Virus epidemiology and Herpes Simplex Virus market in the 7 MM (the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan.)
2. Herpes Simplex Virus market report provides insights into current and emerging therapies.
3. Herpes Simplex Virus market report provides a global historical and forecasted market covering drug outreach in 7 MM.
4. Herpes Simplex Virus market report offers an edge that will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and leading the Herpes Simplex Virus market.
“Most people are first exposed to Herpes Simplex Virus between 1 and 5 years of age”
Current Herpes Santiviralrus therapeutic approaches for medical treatment are centred around specific antiviral treatment. Antiviral agents can be used for Herpes Simplex Virus treatment, to prevent further infection (a prophylactic strategy) or prevent the disease (a preemptive strategy) while the same medications are active against HSV-1 and HSV-2. First-line antiviral agents for HSV-1 and HSV-2 infections include Aciclovir, Famciclovir, Valaciclovir. Second-line antiviral agents for Herpes Simplex Virus -1 and Herpes Simplex Virus -2 infections include Cidofovir, Foscarnet, Ganciclovir.
Already available drugs have provided therapeutic support to the high patient pool but their limited dose toxicity, interference with the normal metabolism of the body and ineffectiveness against drug-resistant cases which when applied topically may cause serious side effects. So, all these factors create a need for novel therapies with a different mechanism of action and molecular targets in a way that could be able to treat even resistant infections and prevent their recurrence. Deep sequencing techniques have led to a new appreciation of the genetic diversity of herpes virus genomes within an infected individual. Combination therapy for the management of HIV infections has been shown to be remarkably potent. It can suppress virus replication to undetectable levels and minimize the development of resistance. Novel agents with favourable profiles with respect to their spectrum of antiviral activity, efficacy, oral bioavailability, pharmacokinetics, and toxicity could contribute greatly to the available Herpes Simplex Virus therapeutic options.
The rising number of patients with Herpes Simplex Virus infections, increasing awareness, and increasing research and development activities are some of the factors which are expected to contribute towards the Herpes Simplex Virus market growth during the forecast period (2018-2027).
The launch of the emerging therapies is expected to significantly impact Herpes Simplex Virus treatment scenario in the upcoming years: –
and many others
The key players in Herpes Simplex Virus market are:
2. Genocea Biosciences,
4. Beech Tree Labs
5. United BioPharma
and many others
1. Key Insights
2. Herpes Simplex Virus Market Overview at a Glance
3. Herpes Simplex Virus Disease Background and Overview
4. Herpes Simplex Virus Epidemiology and Patient Population
4.1. Key Findings
4.2. Population and Forecast Parameters
4.3. Herpes Simplex Virus Country Wise-Epidemiology
5. Herpes Simplex Virus Treatment Algorithm
6. Unmet needs
7. Herpes Simplex Virus Marketed drugs
7.1. Famvir: Novartis
7.2. Valtrex: GlaxoSmithKline
7.3. Famvir: Novartis
8. Herpes Simplex Virus Emerging Therapies
8.1. Key Cross Competition
8.2. Pritelivir: AiCuris
8.3. VCL-HB01: Vical
9. Herpes Simplex Virus Infection Total Market Size in 7MM
10. Herpes Simplex Virus Market Size by Country
10.1. United States Market Analysis
10.2. Herpes Simplex Virus Infection EU5 Market Outlook
10.2.5. United Kingdom
10.3. Japan: Market Analysis
11. Herpes Simplex Virus Market Drivers
12. Herpes Simplex Virus Market Barriers
14. DelveInsight Capabilities
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research Firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports pharma companies by providing end to end comprehensive solutions to improve their performance.