Some of the key facts of the report
1. About 10 to 15% of persons with herpes zoster virus will develop Postherpetic Neuralgia.
2. The disease is not common under the age of 40 years, but in herpes zoster virus affected persons older than 60 years, it occurs in more than 50%.
3. People over 60 years of age have about a 60% chance while people 70 or older have about a 75% chance of developing Postherpetic Neuralgia after getting shingles.
4. Postherpetic Neuralgia incidence is about 5% among patients with herpes zoster in their 60s, reaching about 10% among those in their 80s.
5. In Japan, people aged 65 years or older already number 23 million, accounting for 18% of the total population.
Key benefits of the report
1. Postherpetic Neuralgia market report covers a descriptive overview and comprehensive insight of the Postherpetic Neuralgia Epidemiology and Postherpetic Neuralgia market in the 7 MM (the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan.)
2. Postherpetic Neuralgia market report provides insights on the current and emerging therapies.
3. Postherpetic Neuralgia market report provides a global historical and forecasted market covering drug outreach in 7 MM.
4. Postherpetic Neuralgia market report offers an edge that will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Postherpetic Neuralgia market.
Anaesthetics stabilize the neuronal membrane to make neuron less permeable to ions. This prohibits the initiation and transmission of nerve impulses, whereby producing the local anaesthetic action.
Tricyclic Antidepressants like Amitriptyline and Nortriptyline have central and peripheral anticholinergic effects and sedative effects. They have central effects on pain transmission. They stop the active reuptake of norepinephrine and serotonin.
The goal of antivirals drug such as Famciclovir is to decrease the clinical course, prohibit complications, inhibit the development of latency and subsequent recurrences, reduce transmission, and eliminate established latency.
Anticonvulsants agents are used to managing severe muscle spasms and provide sedation in neuralgia. They have central effects on pain modulation. In October 2017, FDA gave a green signal to Lyrica CR (pregabalin extended-release tablets), for the treatment of neuropathic pain associated with diabetic peripheral neuropathy (pDPN) and the management of Postherpetic Neuralgia. Horizant (GlaxoSmithKline) is an extended-release formulation of gabapentin enacarbil, a prodrug of gabapentin. Horizant has been approved and is specifically indicated for the management of postherpetic neuralgia in adults.
Most analgesics have sedating properties, which are beneficial for patients who experience pain. Topical capsaicin causes initial TRPV1 stimulation that may cause pain, followed by pain relief by a reduction in TRPV1-expressing nociceptive nerve endings. Neuropathic pain may gradually recur over several months.
The launch of the emerging therapies is expected to significantly impact Postherpetic Neuralgia treatment scenario in the upcoming years:-
And many others
The key players in Postherpetic Neuralgia market are:
1. Lateral Pharma
2. Novartis Pharmaceuticals
3. Teva Pharmaceutical
And many others
Table of contents
1. Report Introduction
2. Executive Summary
3. SWOT Analysis
4. Postherpetic Neuralgia Market Overview at a Glance
5. Postherpetic Neuralgia Disease Background and Overview
6. Postherpetic Neuralgia Epidemiology and Patient Population
7. Postherpetic Neuralgia Country-Wise Epidemiology
7.1. United States
7.2.5. United Kingdom
7. Postherpetic Neuralgia Treatment & Medical Practices
8. Postherpetic Neuralgia Marketed Drug
8.1. HORIZANT: GlaxoSmithKline
9. Postherpetic Neuralgia Emerging Therapies
9.1. Key Cross Competition
9.2. LAT8881: Lateral Pharma
9.3. EMA401: Novartis Pharmaceuticals
9.4. TV-45070: Teva Pharmaceutical
12. Attribute Analysis
13. Postherpetic Neuralgia Market Size
14. 7MM Postherpetic Neuralgia : Country-Wise Market Analysis
14.1. United States
14.6. United Kingdom
15. Market Access and Reimbursement
16. Market Drivers
17. Market Barriers
19. Postherpetic Neuralgia Report Methodology
20. DelveInsight Capabilities
22. About DelveInsight
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research Firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports pharma companies by providing end to end comprehensive solutions to improve their performance.