Data center power market sizeis expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 12% during the period 2019−2025. This market research report includes data-driven and deep market insights on the impact of COVID-19 across geographies, segments, and vendor landscape. Leverage Arizton’s market analysis to take real-time strategic business decisions and enhance your product portfolios.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- In data center power market, COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the supply chain and affected sales of many infrastructure providers in Q1 2020 and it is likely to continue till Q2 2020.
- Natron Energy’s Prussian Blue Sodium-ion battery can emerge as a possible substitute for OPEX-intensive VRLA and CAPEX-high lithium-ion batteries in the data center industry.
- The US market continues to dominate with around 50 data center facilities being developed with power capacity of over 15 MW.
- Western Europe contribution has increased with over 100 data center projects, where Germany contributes to over 20% of installed capacity.
- Greater than 2 MW generator contributes to over 50% of the overall data center generator investments in the market.
- Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2019−2025
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by infrastructure, UPS systems generators, tier standards, and geography
- Competitive Landscape – Profile of 6 key vendors and 33 other vendors
Data Center Power Market – Segmentation
- UPS systems is the largest revenue contributor to the power backup systems market, followed by generators, transfer switches and switchgears, and PDUs. Due to the wide adoption of modular, scalable, and lithium-ion powered systems, the revenue from UPS systems is likely to rise during the forecast period.
- Vendors are offering multiple UPS systems with a capacity of less than equal to 500 kVA. These systems are mostly adopted at the rack level with high implementation among small and medium-sized facilities. The growth of less than equal to 500 kVA UPS systems will be higher among prefabricated operators than traditional brick-and-mortar facilities.
- DRUPS solutions are likely to witness an increased demand among data centers with multiple modules having a total capacity of over 1 MW in N+N redundant configurations. The increasing deployment of hyperscale facilities will continue to increase the demand for greater than 2 MW generators during the forecast period.
Market Segmentation by Infrastructure
- UPS Systems
- Transfer Switches and Switchgears
- Rack PDU
- Other Electrical Infrastructures
Market Segmentation by UPS Systems
- Less than 500kVA
- 500–1000 kVA
Market Segmentation by Generators
- Less than 1MW
- Greater than 2MW
Market Segmentation by Tier Standards
- Tier I &II
- Tier III
- Tier IV
Data Center Power Market – Dynamics
In recent years, power systems that occupy significant space in facilities and those that are inefficient and emit high carbon emissions are being replaced by compact modular units. The installation of modular power systems with multiple power modules are being carried out at room and rack levels in modern data center environments. For instance, Facebook’s design involves the use of 48V DC UPS rack modular systems that support its infrastructure operating in six adjacent racks and are capable of supporting over 30 kW of IT load. The advantage of adding UPS power modules as the IT load grows is that it significantly reduces the initial investment cost. The use of multiple UPS power modules equipped in a single rack to support multiple adjacent IT racks will continue to grow in the data center environment.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
- Colocation Investments Boosts Power Infrastructure Procurement
- Hyperscale Data Center Contribution Grows YOY
- Use of Lithium-ion Batteries in Data Centers
- Use of Fuel Cells in Data Centers
Data Center Power Market – Geography
The US is the leading market for data center power infrastructure. In terms of investment, Virginia, Arizona, Illinois, Nevada, California, Texas, Ohio, Tennessee, Iowa, and North Carolina have received more than $500 million of investment. Colocation and hyperscale self-built facilities are the major contributors to the market. The US is among the major contributor to the greater than 2 MW data center generator investments segment. In Canada, multiple facilities have adopted 500 kVA UPS systems. North America is among the leading markets for cloud computing, big data, and IoT technologies. Organizations in this region are currently involved in building high- performance computing data centers to continue to innovate in the field of IoT, artificial intnce, and connected reality. The growth of the digital economy in the US is around 10% year-over-year. Such factors are will drive growth in the global data center power market.
Market Segmentation by Geography
- North America
- Latin America
- Other Latin American Countries
- Western Europe
- Other Western European Countries
- Finland & Iceland
- Central & Eastern Europe
- Russia & Czech Republic
- Poland & Austria
- Other Countries
- Middle East
- Other Middle Eastern Countries
- South Africa
- Other African Countries
- China & Hong Kong
- Australia & New Zealand
- Southeast Asia Rest of APAC
- Schneider Electric
Other vendors include – AEG Power Solutions, Artesyn Embedded Technologies (Aligned Energy), Black Box Network Services (AGC Networks), Bloom Energy (Fuel Cells), Chatsworth Products, Cisco Systems, Controlled Power Company, Crenlo, Cyber Power Systems, Delta Group, Euro-Diesel (KINOLT), Fuji Electric, Generac Power Systems, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), Hitachi Hi-Rel Power Electronics, Hitech Power Protection, Hitzinger, KOEL (Kirloskar Group), KOHLER (SDMO), Legrand, Mitsubishi, MTU On Site Energy (Rolls Royce Power Systems AG), Natron Energy, Panduit, Piller Power Systems, Pramac, Riello UPS, Rittal, Shenzhen KSTAR Science And Technology, Socomec, Toshiba, Virtual Power Systems, Yanmar Group, ZAF Energy System and ZincFive.
Looking for more information? Click here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize foolproof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including –Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 3122332770
Country: United States