Data center generator market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 2% during the period 2019−2025.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- Generator vendors have taken precautionary measures to reduce supply chain disruption. However, the impact of COVID-19 on the market will be very high in Q2 2020.
- Over 50% of the investment in the global market is on generators with capacity of over 2 MW, contributed by over 100 hyperscale data center projects.
- Edge data center deployment to increase the procurement of less than 1 MW modular generator systems.
- Southeast Asia, Australia, Europe, and Latin America continues to contribute to the growth of DRUPS systems in the data center generator market.
- Hyperscale deployment of generator in locations with 99.9% reliability in grid power supply might reduce procurement of redundant generator systems.
- Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2019−2025
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by This research report includes a detailed segmentation by generators capacity, systems, tier standards, and geography
- Competitive Landscape – Profile of 8 key vendors and 15 other vendors
Data Center Generator Market – Segmentation
- In North America, data center facilities with a power capacity of over 10 MW are adopting diesel generators with over 2 MW in redundancy and N+1 configuration. Several facilities are more likely to adopt generators in N+1 redundant configuration with onsite fuel storage capacity to provide more than 48 hours of runtime.
- DRUPS systems have been used in the data center industry over a decade now. The use of these systems is predominant in a few operators, especially in European countries, Singapore, and Australia. These systems can save floor space of up to 50% in data centers, and hence are ideal solutions for facilities that have space constraints, especially in commercial buildings.
- A majority of under-developed projects across the world fall under the Tier III category. There are more than 350 projects that are open and under construction that fall under the Tier III category. This trend is likely to continue during the forecast period, with several operators expected to move to the Tier IV category based on the growth in rack power density and critical data center applications.
Market Segmentation by Systems
Market Segmentation by Generator Capacities
Market Segmentation by Tier Standards
- Tier I &II
- Tier III
- Tier IV
Data Center Generator Market – Dynamics
With the adoption of advanced technologies such as big data, IoT, and cloud computing across different industries, the demand for colocation and managed services is increasing globally. Colocation, managed services, interconnection, and cloud connectivity solutions are offered by data center service providers. Companies are locating their resources to places where there is a need and building a data center of their own to maintain the line of business is an expensive solution. Colocating aids in reducing the cost of data center operations. The demand for colocation services, therefore, increases the investments in data centers.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
- Increasing Deployment of Edge Data Centers
- Maintenance & Emissions to Drive On-Site & Remote Monitoring Features in Generators
- Rising Data Center Construction by Colocation Service Providers
- Increasing Construction of Hyperscale Data Centers
Data Center Generator Market – Geography
The data center generator market in Western Europe is growing with an increase in the construction of large facilities that are likely to procure generators. The increasing number of data centers in the UK has fueled the demand for generators as backup power sources. The market is still growing with the adoption of diesel models. The data center generator market is growing with the increasing adoption of diesel ones with a power capacity of over 2 MW. France has witnessed significant growth in the adoption of multiple backup power sources. Several operators with a power capacity of over 20 MW are more likely to procure more than five systems with a power capacity of over 3 MW.
Market Segmentation by Geography
- North America
- Latin America
- Other Latin American Countries
- Western Europe
- Other Western European Countries
- Finland & Iceland
- Central & Eastern Europe
- Russia & Czech Republic
- Poland & Austria
- Other Countries
- Middle East
- Other Middle Eastern Countries
- South Africa
- Other African Countries
- China & Hong Kong
- Australia & New Zealand
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of APAC
- Kinolt (Euro-Diesel)
- Generac Power Systems
- Hitec Power Protection
- KOHLER (SDMO)
- MTU On Site Energy (Rolls-Royce Power Systems AG)
- Yanmar Group (HIMOINSA)
Other vendors include – Aggreko, Ausonia, Atlas Copco, Detroit Diesel, DEUTZ, Guangzhou Weineng Electromechanical (SAONON), Hitzinger, Inmesol, Innio, KOEL (Kirloskar Group), Mitsubishi, Perkins, Piller Group, Onis Visa, and Pramac.
Looking for more information? Click here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize foolproof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including –Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 3122332770
Country: United States