The left atrial appendage closure devices market size is expected to grow at a staggering CAGR of over 36% during the period 2019–2025.
According to Arizton, several factors will continue to influence the growth of global LAA closure devices market. For instance, significant shift from open to minimally invasive surgery technique and potential long tern cost effectiveness of LAA closure procedure is expected to drive the future market growth of the global LAA closure devices market. In addition, frequent development and commercial approvals & launches of innovative next-generation LAA closure devices is another primary factor driving the rising uptake of the LAA closure devices worldwide. For instance, market leader Boston Scientific received CE Mark approval for its Next Generation WATCHMAN FLX Left Atrial Appendage Closure Device in March 2019.
Arizton’s recent market research report considers the present scenario of the left atrial appendage closure devices market and its market dynamics for the period 2019−2025. It covers a detailed overview of several market growth enablers, restraints, and trends. The study offers both the demand and supply aspects of the market. It profiles and examines leading companies and other prominent companies operating in the market.
LAA Closure Devices Market – Dynamics
Here are the list of trends and drivers that are impacting the revenues and profitability in the left atrial appendage closure devices market:
- Emergence of Advanced Imaging Modalities
- Vendors Increasing Focus on Conducting Clinical Trials on LAA Closure Devices
- Emergence of Hybrid Approach in LAA Closure Technique
- Promising Investigational LAA Closure Devices
- Strategic Acquisitions
- Rising Incidence of AF
- Transference from Open to MI Surgeries
- Frequent Product Approval
- Significant Long-term Cost Effectiveness Associated with LAA Closure
LAA Closure Devices Market – Segmentation
This research report includes a detailed segmentation by product, end-user, and geography.
- The surgical epicardial LAA closure technique has emerged as an alternative procedure for LAA closures intending to improve efficacy, particularly for the patients that have displayed poor results for the standard endocardial LAA closure technique. Since the advent of epicardial closure devices, surgical techniques have evolved over the last few decades.
- Healthcare professionals in the hospital segment use advanced LAA closure devices, including endocardial and epicardial, to treat AF. The market is growing at a healthy rate, which is expected to continue during the forecast period. This is primarily due to the high adoption of advanced devices as the majority of high-risk cardiovascular diseases patients prefer to visit hospitals.
- The ambulatory specialty center (ASC) segment constitutes a small share of the global left atrial appendage closure devices market. These centers are cost-effective and offer quality care with the minimal indirect cost of treatment. ASCs provide advanced operating equipment, specialist surgeons, and well-equipped operating and recovery rooms without complex administrative procedures that burden most hospitals.
Market Segmentation by Product
- Endocardial LAA Closures
- Epicardial LAA Closure
Market Segmentation by End-user
- Specialty Cardiac Centers
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASC)
LAA Closure Devices Market – Geography
North America dominates the global left atrial appendage closure devices market. The presence of a large disease population, coupled with better treatment options for AF, is the primary factor for the high market share. The availability of technologically advanced LAA closure devices is abundantly high in this region. The increasing prevalence of AF and high spending on healthcare enable high uptake of LAA closure devices in the region. The disease prevalence is also likely to increase during the forecast period in the region. The incidence of AF in North America is estimated to increase primarily due to the growing geriatric population, which is expected to reach 123 million in 2050. Besides, vendors are focusing on developing innovative and advanced devices that will offer improved surgical results.
Market Segmentation by Geography
- North America
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
LAA Closure Devices Market – Vendor Landscape
The global LAA closure devices market is highly consolidated and is characterized by the presence of few established players holding majority of the market share. Vendors are offering several endocardial and epicardial LAA closure devices and are competing based on factors such as technology upgradation, safety features, regulatory approvals, marketing strategies, and distribution channels. The key vendors in the market include Boston Scientific, AtriCure, and Abbott. These companies have a wide geographic footprint, diversified product portfolio, and a strong focus on product innovation, strategic mergers & acquisitions and research activities.
- Boston Scientific
Other Prominent Vendors
- Biosense Webster
- Lifetech Scientific
- Append Medical
Looking for more information? Click here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize foolproof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including –Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 3122332770
Country: United States