(City of Rye, Rye Neck, Village of Port Chester and Village of Rye Brook)
PORT CHESTER, NEW YORK – Rye Town Park and Beach will be open only to residents of Rye Town and Rye City on Memorial Day Weekend (Friday, May 22 – Monday, May 25, 2020).
Proof of residency will be required before entering the parking lot and the beach. Acceptable forms of identification include: a 2019 Resident Season Permit*, a State-Issued photo I.D. (or other form of official photo I.D.) and a current utility bill.
*By order of the Rye Town Park Commission, current resident passholders can use existing 2019 permits through May 31, 2020. 2020 permits are currently available for purchase online and on site. The can be reached through the Park’s web page or directly at permit.ryetownpark.com
Please visit our website townofryeny.com/rye-town-park-and-beach for more information.
As required by Governor Cuomo’s executive order, the beach will operate at 50% capacity. The Rye Town Park Commission has tasked the park’s rangers and attendants to remind visitors to protect themselves and others by wearing a mask and practicing social distancing measures. Lifeguards will be on duty, and swimming will be allowed in designated areas. Park restrooms will be open, entry is limited to two people at a time. Attendants will be stationed at the entrance to the restrooms, and the facilities will be thoroughly cleaned every two hours.
Passes and Parking:
Parking and Day Passes can be purchased on site and online through MPay2Park, the park’s phone app. The park’s 3 onsite kiosks are also available but special reduced-rate Resident Beach Day passes can only be purchased at the beach gates.
The Park’s Season Permit office opens today will be open Wednesday through Sunday, from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM.
To ensure the safety of visitors and staff, the following procedures will be followed:
- The Beaches Pavilions will be reserved for people waiting to apply for permits. While waiting their turn, people will be kept 6ft apart and called using a number system;
- All staff will be wearing face shields;
- There will be a clear barrier between staff and people buying permits;
- All people buying a permit must wear a face mask.
- Those not complying will not be permitted to buy a permit.
Parking and Beach rate schedule available online: https://www.townofryeny.com/requirement/rye-town-park-oakland-beach-permits-and-fees
Future Beach Usage:
- Tuesday (5/26) through Thursday (5/28) the general public, including Non-Residents, will be admitted to the parking lot and beach.
- The policy for the weekend of Friday, (5/29) – Sunday, (5/31) is to be determined by the Rye Town Park Commission.
- All 2020 Season Programs are on hold until further notice.
- All pavilion rentals are on hold until June 15, 2020
For more information, please visit: https://www.townofryeny.com/rye-town-park-and-beach
Company Name: Town of Rye
Contact Person: Debbie Reisner
Email: Send Email
Phone: (914) 939-3553
State: New York
Country: United States