Southeast Asia data center market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 6% during the period 2019−2025.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- Investments in over 20 data center projects via M&A activities and joint ventures by existing operators and new entrants in the Southeast Asia data center market are likely to contribute to the market growth.
- Over $1.5 billion cumulative investments are expected in the Indonesia data center market during the period 2019–2025.
- Around $4.5 billion cumulative general construction service revenue opportunities will be able for principal contractors and sub-contractors in the Southeast Asia market during 2019–2025.
- Investments in the physical cloud infrastructure by Google, AWS, Microsoft, Alibaba are expected to drive hyperscale data center investments in Southeast Asia.
- Regal Orion (Malaysia), Kepstar Data Management (Cambodia), Space DC (Indonesia), and Princeton Digital Group (Indonesia) are the new entrants, which are fueling growth in Southeast Asia.
- Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2019−2025
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by IT infrastructure, electrical infrastructure, mechanical infrastructure, general construction, tier standards, and geography
- Competitive Landscape – Profile of 9 IT infrastructure providers, 17 support infrastructure providers, 13 construction contractors, and 17 data center investors
Data Center Market in Southeast Asia – Segmentation
- The Southeast Asia market has a high potential for converged and hyperconverged infrastructure as they offer scalability and flexibility to operations. The market is witnessing a shift toward all-flash storage array solutions. The penetration of cloud computing, big data, and IoT technology is expected to be predominant drivers for the development of the Southeast Asia market.
- Most large data centers use 2N and N+N redundant power infrastructure solutions for UPS systems and generators. Data centers are being designed at a PUE of less than 1.5. Owing to power reliability challenges, data center operators in Southeast Asia incorporate a flexible design that supports up to 2N redundancy in power infrastructure solutions.
- The adoption of DCIM is mostly dependent on the processed infrastructure from vendors operating in the market. The market in Thailand is witnessing an increase in the construction of data centers by local providers. The market in Indonesia is expected to witness a rise in the construction of greenfield projects with a power capacity of over 10 MW.
Market Segmentation by IT Infrastructure
Market Segmentation by Electrical Infrastructure
- UPS Systems
- Transfer Switches and Switchgears
- Rack PDU
- Other Electrical Infrastructures
Market Segmentation by Mechanical Infrastructure
- Cooling Systems
- CRAC & CRAH units
- Chiller Units
- Cooling Towers, Dry Coolers, & Condensers,
- Other Cooling Units
- Others Mechanical Infrastructure
Market Segmentation by General Infrastructure
- Building Development
- Installation and Commissioning Services
- Building Designs
- Physical Security
- DCIM & BMS
Market Segmentation by Tier Standards
- Tier I &II
- Tier III
- Tier IV
Data Center Market in Southeast Asia – Dynamics
The increasing internet penetration and the growing operational business requirements have prompted enterprises to migrate from server room operations to data center services such as managed services, colocation, and hybrid infrastructure services. The market is witnessing an increasing adoption of cloud computing services, which are leading to the growth of retail and wholesale colocation services in the region. Majority of enterprises in the region prefer managed services, which operate through public cloud environments over colocation services, which involve a high CAPEX due to the procurement of IT infrastructure and need for skilled workforce to monitor performance on a day-to-day basis. However, colocation among data centers in Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia has witnessed an increase in the last two years.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
- Big Data and IoT Adoption Drives Data Center Investment
- Increasing Investment in Fiber Connectivity
- 5G Deployment to Increase Edge Data Center Investments
- Availability of Lithium-Ion Batteries and Fuel Cells
Data Center Market in Southeast Asia – Geography
China Mobile International (CMI), Equinix, Global Switch, Google, Iron Mountain, Keppel Data Centers + Huawei, and ST Telemedia were major investors in the data center market in Singapore in 2019. Singapore is a major financial center, and hence a natural colocation hub to serve developing markets in Southeast Asia. All the major cloud service providers namely AWS, Microsoft, Oracle, Google, Alibaba, Tencent, China Telecom, NTT Communications, and IBM operate cloud regions in Singapore. Singapore has strong and diverse fiber connectivity, both domestically and internationally, to major APAC markets and continues to expand its capacity. Many cloud service providers support customers in the APAC region through their Singapore facility. Google is constructing its third availability zone in Singapore, which is expected to be operational in 2020.
Market Segmentation by Geography
- Other Countries
Prominent Data Center Critical (IT) Infrastructure Providers
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
- Dell Technologies
Prominent Data Center Investors
- AirTrunk Operating
- China Mobile International Limited (CMI)
- Digital Realty
- Global Switch
- Iron mountain
- Katalyst Data Management
- Keppel DC
- Kepstar Data Center Management
- NTT Communications
- PT Telekomunikasi Group
- Regal Orion
- Space DC
- ST Telemedia Global Data Centres (STT GDC)
Prominent Construction Contractors
- AWP Architects
- CSF Group
- DSCO Group
- Flex Enclosure
- Fortis Construction
- Kienta Engineering Construction
- M+W Group (Excyte)
- NTT FACILITIES
- PM Group
- Powerware Systems (PWS)
- Sato Kogyo
Prominent Support Infrastructure Providers
- Delta Group
- Fuji Electric
- Hitachi Hi-Rel Power Electronics
- Hitec Power Protection
- KOHLER Group
- Legrand Group
- Mitsubishi Electric
- MTU OnSite Energy (Rolls-Royce Power Systems AG)
- Piller Systems
- Schneider Electric
Looking for more information? Click Here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize fool proof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including –Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 3122332770
Country: United States