PLC market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 5% during the period 2019−2025.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- The global PLC market revenue will grow by 1.37x during the forecast period.
- The improvements in PMI for December 2019 were offset by the coronavirus pandemic that resulted in several global economies going into national lockdown to contain the virus. The non-essential manufacturing industries were affected by factory closures and halt of production lines.
- Food & beverage, electric mobility, renewables, chemical, and oil & gas industries will emerge resilient and are expected to witness moderate growth from 2021.
- The global PLC market is dominated by a few large players that are well-integrated both horizontally and vertically to offer a broader range of automation products. These include Schneider, Siemens, Rockwell, General Electric, Mitsubishi, Omron, Bosch Rexroth, and others.
- 3D manufacturing, renditions in healthcare, and education are promising areas for AR, thus presenting potential for PLC in hardware in the AR industry.
- As European countries start to handle the coronavirus pandemic and start implementing lockdown exit strategies, the automotive and F&B segments are expected to present early growth opportunities.
- APAC leads the global PLC market in terms of market share 33% and revenue increment over $4.73 billion.
- Modular PLCs are usually employed in medium to large-scale industries, especially in the manufacturing process line section. The segment accounted for over 42% share of the global revenue in 2019.
- APAC and Europe will account for over 60% of the total revenue increment by the modular PLC segment.
- As of 2019, the automotive segment was the largest end-user for PLCs, with a share of over 24%, and will continue to lead the market during the forecast period.
- The food & beverage end-user segment is expected to grow by the highest CAGR of 6.36% and will add incremental revenue of over $2 billion during the forecast period.
- North America dominated the demand for PLC used in chemical industry with a share of 35% in 2019.
- North America is expected to witness an absolute growth of 32% and add revenue of around $2 billion, growing at CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period.
- Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2019−2025
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by type, end-users, and geography
- Competitive Landscape – Profile of 5 key vendors and 19 other vendors
PLC Market – Segmentation
- Modular PLCs are employed in medium to large-scale industries. Increased requirements for automation solutions in several industries, especially in manufacturing and other varied applications among home and building automation end-users, are the major growth boosters for the segment.
- In the food industry, PLCs are employed as part of automation in the production line. They have not only transformed the way assembly lines are controlled or sequenced but also made the manufacturing process more efficient. The APAC region will account for one-third of the market with a major demand expected to come from China, Japan, South, and Korea.
- A high level of automation technology and product manufacturing is involved in the automobile manufacturing industry, which is increasing the potential of PLC applications. The chemical industry installs PLCs for real-time implementation of load management processes.
PLC Market by Type
PLC Market by End-users
- Food & Beverage
- Mining & Metallurgy
- Oil & Gas
- Paper & Packaging
PLC Market – Geography
APAC hosts the most robust manufacturing industries, including automotive, construction, chemicals, defense, and aerospace. The region is also home to some of the highly enthusiastic tech-savvy population. For instance, in 2019, China and India had more than 409 million millennials, which is about five times more than in the US. Millennials account for the bulk usages of tech products and the target audience for robotic and automation vendors, especially in B2C segments.
PLC Market by Geography
- North America
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Schneider Electric
- Rockwell Automation
- Mitsubishi Electric
Other Prominent Vendors
- Altman Lighting
- Bosch Rexroth
- Emerson Electric
- General Electric
- Infineon Technologies
- Delta Electronics
- Phoenix Contact
- LS ELECTRIC
- Fuji Electric
- Yokogawa Electric
Looking for more information? Click Here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize fool proof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including –Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 3122332770
Country: United States