The clinical nutrition market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 8% during the period 2019−2025.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- Parenteral nutrition market is expected to witness the fastest growth rate at a CAGR of around 10%, generating an additional revenue of over $5 billion during the forecast period.
- APAC region accounted for the largest share of the hospital clinical nutrition market of approximately 44% in 2019.
- By application, malnutrition accounted for the largest share of over 46% of the market revenue for clinical nutrition in 2019, however the clinical nutrition for cancer treatment is expected to witness an absolute growth of around 82% during the forecast period.
- China forms the largest market for clinical nutrition globally and is expected to generate an additional revenue of over $5 billion by 2025.
- Clinical nutrition for home-based healthcare is projected to witness an absolute growth of around 59% during the forecast period.
- Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 the demand for clinical nutrition products is expected to spike in 2020, witnessing a Y-o-Y growth of over 8%.
- Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2019−2025
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by route of administration, age group, application, end-users, distribution, and geography
- Competitive Landscape – Profile of 5 key vendors and 12 other vendors
Clinical Nutrition Market – Segmentation
- The growing demand for multichambered premixed parenteral nutritional supplements is a major factor contributing to the growth of the parenteral segment. The parenteral nutritional products are more popular in Chinese and Indian market. The parenteral segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 9% during the forecast period.
- The increasing number of preterm births and the high prevalence of malnutrition among children are primarily driving baby clinical nutrition market growth. Although the number of childbirths is declining globally, the growing awareness of the importance of pediatric nutrition is expected to increase the demand during the forecast period.
- The large prevalence of malnutrition among hospitalized patients is particularly driving the market. This segment contributed about 39% of the clinical nutrition market revenue in 2019. Clinical nutrition is considered the most efficient way to treat malnutrition. The APAC region accounts for the largest market for malnutrition clinical nutrition supplements.
Clinical Nutrition Market by Route of Administration
- Oral or Enteral
Clinical Nutrition Market by Type
Clinical Nutrition Market by Application
- Metabolic Disorders
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
Clinical Nutrition Market by End-user
Clinical Nutrition Market by Distribution
- Institutional Sales
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Specialty Stores
- Online Channels
Clinical Nutrition Market – Geography
APAC accounts for the largest market share of the global clinical nutrition market. It is expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period. The large prevalence of metabolic disorders such as diabetes is boosting the demand for nutritional supplement products. China has the largest number of people who have diabetes globally, with around 116 million people in 2019. The proportion of cancer deaths in Asia is about 57.3% higher than the cancer incidence rate. Thus, with such a prevalence of chronic diseases, the demand for clinical nutrition products is expected to grow.
Clinical Nutrition Market by Geography
- North America
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Abbott Laboratories
- Nestle Health Science
- Baxter International Inc.
Other Prominent Vendors
- Mead Johnson
- Fresenius Kabi
- Perrigo Nutrition
- ICU Medical Inc.
- Otsuka Holding Co. Ltd.
- Meiji Holding Co. Ltd.
- Lonza Ltd.
- Ajinomoto Cambrooke
- Stepan Mead Johnson
- Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc
- Grifols S.A
- Sichuan Kelun Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- American Regent Inc
- Exela Pharma Sciences
- Avadel Pharmaceutical
- Anazaohealth Corporation
- BASF SE
Looking for more information? Click Here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize fool proof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including – Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 3122332770
Country: United States