The global biodegradable mulch films market size is expected to reach USD 64.3 million by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing population coupled with depleting arable land is anticipated to drive the market growth over the next eight years. Biodegradable mulch films are used to enhance crop quality by suppressing weed growth and maintaining soil temperature.
Biodegradable mulch films have a lower environmental impact as they do not produce any harmful waste, and their disposal is easy. Government regulations promoting bio-based product usage, especially in Europe and North America is expected to drive market growth over the foreseeable future. Key players in the industry have been investing in R&D to develop fully bio-based mulch films.
Fruits & vegetables emerged as the leading crop using biodegradable mulch films and accounted for 51.1% of total market revenue in 2015 and is also anticipated to witness the fastest growth over the next eight years. The high growth may be attributed to biofilm ability to prevent fruits from rotting by preventing contact between fruit and soil.
Get PDF sample copy with TOC of Global Biodegradable Mulch Films Market Research Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/biodegradable-mulch-films-market/request/rs1
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Thermoplastic starch (TPS) was the leading raw material in 2015 and is expected to reach a market worth USD 47.3 million by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 7.7% from 2016 to 2024. The high demand may be attributed to the easy availability of starch at low prices coupled with an inability to produce any harmful products when placed in soil.
- Starch blended with polylactic acid (PLA) is also expected to witness a brisk growth over the forecast period. The high growth may be attributed to their advantage of being produced from 99% biobased material coupled with growing PLA films demand particularly in Europe.
- Asia Pacific was the major consumer and accounted for 64.1% of global revenue in 2015 and is expected to witness the fastest growth in the biodegradable mulch films market over the next eight years owing to growing industrialization resulting in rising food demand.
- Major companies operating in the global biodegradable mulch film industry include Kingfa Sci & Tech Co Ltd, Al-Pack Enterprises Ltd, BioBag International AS, RKW SE, AEP Industries Inc, BASF, Novamont, British Polythene Industries PLC, Armando Alvarez and Ab Rani PlastOy. Major companies have been adopting various strategies such as M&A, joint ventures, new product development and capacity expansions to increase their market share.
For Purchase Options or any Inquire about Global Biodegradable Mulch Films Market please visit @: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/2919/ibb
Grand View Research has segmented the biodegradable mulch films market on the basis of raw material, crop type and region:
Global Biodegradable Mulch FilmsRaw Material Outlook (Revenue, USD Thousand, 2014 – 2024)
- Thermoplastic starch (TPS)
- Starch blended with polylactic acid (PLA)
- Starch blended with polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA)
- Aliphatic-aromatic copolyesters (AAC)
Global Biodegradable Mulch Films Crop Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Thousand, 2014 – 2024)
- Fruits & vegetables
- Grains & oilseeds
- Flowers & plants
Global Biodegradable Mulch Films Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Thousand, 2014 – 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Browse Related Reports :
Agricultural Films Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Raw Material (LDPE, LLDPE, Reclaims), By Application (Green House, Mulching, Silage), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2016 – 2024
Agro Textiles Market Analysis By Product (Shade-nets, Mulch-mats, Bird Protection Nets, Fishing Nets), By Application (Agriculture, Aquaculture, Horticulture & Floriculture) & Segment Forecasts, 2018 – 2025
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.A based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.2020 – 2027
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States