The global advanced therapy medicinal products market size is expected to reach USD 9.6 billion by 2026, expanding at a CAGR of 17.4% over the forecast period, according to a new report published by Grand View Research, Inc. The use of advanced therapy medicinal products (ATMPs) is well-proven for the improvement in the quality of life and health status in the long run for patients suffering from life-threatening conditions. This is particularly for diseases with few or no alternative treatment options. These novel treatment modes deliver transformative advantages not offered by conventional forms of disease treatment, thereby driving the ATMP market.
In the current scenario, ATMPs are expensive for patients as well as health insurance schemes. Growing competition to gain revenue share could help reduce prices and improve the affordability, along with the acceptance of these products as mainstream medicine. Furthermore, manufacturers are embracing efforts to streamline technology and logistics for the provision of therapies at accessible prices.
Moreover, lack of manufacturing capabilities to meet growing consumer demand coupled with the resource and budget constraints faced by advanced therapy medicinal product developers has created lucrative avenues for contract services providers and has intensified the market competition. This has led to a rise in market activities by contract service providers. For instance, in November 2019, Fujifilm Diosynth established a 60,000-square-feet Gene Therapy Innovation Center to offer downstream, upstream, and analytical services.
Browse Details of Report, Please Visit @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/advanced-therapy-medicinal-products-market
Key Takeaways from the report:
- Cell therapies dominated the ATMP market in 2019, owing to the presence of a substantially high number of approved products for clinical use
- Huge investments by commercial and non-commercial sponsors in the testing of cell-based product candidates in clinical studies has also spurred the revenue share of cell therapies
- Stem cell-based therapies accounted for the major revenue share in 2019, owing to the high adoption of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for the treatment of immune system and blood disorders
- The recent FDA approval of Zolgensma gene therapy product in May 2019 has accelerated R&D activities in the gene therapy arena, this is anticipated to drive the segment growth at lucrative pace
- Similarly, CAR-T therapy is projected to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period, resulted by the approval such as Kymriah and Yescarta in the past years
- With a high number of approvals of therapies, North America, particularly U.S., captured the largest revenue share in 2019. Increasing marketing operations to sustain the growing market competition coupled with the presence of a relatively high number of candidates in the pipeline is anticipated to propel the U.S. market at a lucrative CAGR in the forthcoming years
- Spark Therapeutics, Inc.; Bluebird Bio, Inc.; Novartis AG; Celgene Corporation; and Gilead Lifesciences, Inc. are some major revenue-generating companies operating in the advanced therapy medicinal product market
- High prices of existing products and technological advancements in genetic tools have driven the entry of new players in the market
Request For Free Sample Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/advanced-therapy-medicinal-products-market/request/rs1
Grand View Research has segmented the global advanced therapy medicinal products market on the basis of therapy type and region:
Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products Therapy Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- Cell Therapy
- Stem Cell Therapy
- Non-stem Cell Therapy
- Gene Therapy
- CAR-T Therapy
- Tissue Engineered Product
Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of World
Browse Related Reports :
Cannabis Pharmaceuticals Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Brand (Epidiolex, Sativex), By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America & MEA), And Segment Forecasts, 2020 – 2027
CBD Consumer Health Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Medical OTC Products, Nutraceuticals), By Distribution Channels, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 – 2027
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States