When news reached the media about Belize’s low cases of COVID-19 cases, retirees took notice. For those already considering this affordable, accommodating nation, Belize quickly moved up to first place on dream destination lists. English is the nation’s first language, weather is warm year-round and retirees receive benefits from the government that have no equal.
When queried, seniors cited myriad reasons beyond the aforementioned three, says Scott Fuson, Sales Director for Salt Life Belize, the newest, most luxurious 50-acre community development on Ambergris Caye. “This is the perfect time to start thinking about making that retirement move now that Belize is opening for business on August 15, 2020,” he adds. When queried, Fuson said these six reasons top lists of people eager to retire to a warm, affordable, hospitable location.
1. Belize keeps family ties tight. Flight time between North America and Belize can be just a few hours. “Retirees want to see their grandkids as often as possible,” said Fuson. “Knowing that a birthday party, graduation or christening is a few hours away compels retirees to retire in Belize.”
2. Recreation options are unlimited. Today’s active senior isn’t necessarily content to play golf, but for those who do, an 18-hole course on Caye Chapel, a private island, is a 10-minute boat ride away. But seniors quickly discover other low-stress opportunities to recreate, including jungle trekking, forests, cultural tours, Maya ruins and a bounty of other attractions easily reached within a nation that’s less than 9,000 square miles in size.
3. Home ownership gives retirees the same benefits as Belize citizens. At Salt Life Belize, lush condos of varying sizes, over-water units and pricing that start at an affordable $175K are just the start of home ownership benefits. Once complete, the development will include a full service resort and fly fishing lodge, beach club, estate homes, restaurants, bars and tour outlets.
4. Receive more than keys to a luxury home. Salt Life Belize’s onsite staff do more than sell units. Retirees are helped with everything from acquiring mortgages to applying for Belize’s Qualified Retirement Program (QRP), available to those over the age of 45. Offer proof of $2,000 USD per month income to attain QRP status.
5. Belize is the new epicenter of sustainability, a fact not lost on retirees. “Our government pulls out all stops to protect jungles, forests, animal sanctuaries, fishing areas and topography so future generations enjoy this nation’s unique ecosystem,” added Fuson. “We partner with Mother Nature to protect our treasures.”
6. Retirees are welcomed with open arms at Salt Life Belize, adds Fuson. “We introduce new residents immediately. Retirees rely upon community ties to sustain them and bonds of friendship develop fast. Whatever lifestyle newcomers pursue, like-minded people await. It’s a major reason people fall in love with Salt Life Belize,” he concluded.
Salt Life Belize is a unique development offering superior real estate in an area not known for affordability. Situated along the Caribbean Sea, condos are especially attractive to retirees eager to live among other ex-pats. Studio, 1 and 2 bedroom condominiums with on-water balconies and roomy interiors are available for occupation now, as the community’s Salt Beach Club moves toward completion by year’s end.
Company Name: Salt Life Belize
City: Ambergris Caye
State: Belize District