Rosacea is a rash involving the central face that most often starts between the age of 30 and 60 years. It is common in those with fair skin, blue eyes and Celtic origins. It may be transient, recurrent or persistent and is characterized by its color, red. The disorder is more frequently diagnosed in women, but tends to be more severe in men. There is also evidence that rosacea may tend to run in families, and may be especially prevalent in people of northern or eastern European descent.
1. The total prevalent population of Rosacea in the 7MM was 47,634,256 in 2017.
2. The prevalence of Rosacea was found in the United States with 16,652,170 cases in 2017.
3. Germany had a prevalent population of Rosacea with 8,383,943 cases in 2017.
4. France had Rosacea prevalent population of 6,082,002 cases in 2017.
5. Italy had a prevalent population of Rosacea with 3,217,083 cases in 2017.
Key benefits of the report
1. Rosacea market report covers a descriptive overview and comprehensive insight of the Rosacea epidemiology and Rosacea market in the 7 MM (the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan.)
2. Rosacea market report provides insights into the current and emerging therapies.
3. Rosacea market report provides a global historical and forecasted market covering drug outreach in 7 MM.
4. Rosacea market report offers an edge that will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Rosacea market.
The current Rosacea therapeutic landscape can be divided into four major categories based on the route of administration and the approved usage for the condition. These are topical retinoids, topical antibiotics, oral tetracycline-class antibiotics (TCAs), and oral retinoids.
Among Topical therapies, topical retinoids mainly include Tretinoin, Tazarotene, Adapalene, and Clindamycin/tretinoin, and several others are used to reduce erythema, papules and pustules, and telangiectasias. Among these, Tretinoin has the lowest cost and most commonly prescribed topical retinoid, accounting for the majority of the population.
Topical antibiotics, such as metronidazole (e.g. Metrolotion), clindamycin, erythromycin, azelaic acid (e.g. Fincea), benzoyl peroxide, benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin, benzoyl peroxide/erythromycin, sulfacetamide, and sulfacetamide/sulfur, are applied directly to the skin to kill bacteria on the surface of the skin.
Topical antibiotics are the most commonly prescribed class of drug for all sexes and age groups. The most common topical antibiotics prescribed are metronidazole (for an estimated half of the population of topical antibiotics) followed by clindamycin, erythromycin, and azelaic acid.
Table of contents
1. Key Insights
2 Executive Summary of Rosacea
3. Rosacea Market Overview at a Glance
4. Rosacea Disease Background and Overview: Rosacea
5. Rosacea Epidemiology and Patient Population
6. Country Wise-Epidemiology of Rosacea Disease
6.1. United States
6.2. EU5 Countries
6.2.5. United Kingdom
7. Rosacea Treatment Algorithm, Current Treatment, and Medical Practices
8. Unmet Needs
9. Rosacea Marketed Drugs
9.1. Rhofade: Allergan
9.2. Oracea: Galderma Laboratories (Nestle Skin Health)
9.3. Mirvaso: Galderma Laboratories (Nestle Skin Health)
9.4. Finacea: Bayer
9.5. Soolantra: Galderma Laboratories, Inc. (Nestle Skin Health)
9.6. Metrogel: Galderma Laboratories (Nestle Skin Health)
10. Key Cross Competition
11. Rosacea Emerging Drugs
11.1. FMX103: Foamix Pharmaceuticals
11.2. Epsolay: Sol-Gel
11.3. ACU-D1: Accuitis
11.4. HY01: Hovione Scientia Limited
11.5. AFX-4031: Afecta Pharmaceuticals
11.6. AOB103: AOBiome
12. Rosacea 7 Major Market Analysis
13. The United States Market Outlook
14. EU-5 Countries: Market Outlook
14.5. United Kingdom
15. Japan: Market Outlook
16. Access and Reimbursement Overview of Rosacea
17. Rosacea Market Drivers
18. Rosacea Market Barriers
19. SWOT Analysis
21. DelveInsight Capabilities
23. About DelveInsight