Electronic shelf label market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 26% during the period 2019−2025.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- By technology type, the RFID accounted for over 35% of the market share in revenue owing to the seamless communication feature.
- E-paper dominated the market in 2019 and is likely to add over $1.3 billion by 2025.
- The growth and adoption of NFC technology is expected to be a gamechanger in the ESL market.
- Over 350 million units of ESLs are expected to be installed in supermarkets and hypermarkets in 2025.
- France is considered to be the forerunner for ESL market that contributed over 30% of the European share in 2019 in unit shipments.
- APAC is estimated to be the fastest growing market for installations with a CAGR of over 50% by 2025.
- Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2019−2025
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by display, technology, end-users, and geography
- Competitive Landscape – 5 key vendors and 22 other vendors
Electronic Shelf Label Market – Segmentation
- The LCD segment accounted for 37% of the total revenue in 2019. LCDs have been the most conventional mode of ESL in the market; they have been adopted in major economies of North America and Europe. Retailers continue to rely on LCDs as they are considered cost-effective.
- NFC is the fastest-growing segment as the capability of facilitating contactless payments has driven the growth during the past five years. It has also become an inevitable option among vendors. The rise in smartphone penetration with NFC facilities has propelled the growth further.
- In 2019, supermarkets and hypermarkets led the revenue contribution by contributing over 51% to the total share. Increasing shopping space, a growing number of SKUs, and intense competition e-commerce platforms are influencing retailers to rely on solutions such as QR code-enabled ESLs.
ESL Market by Display
- Segmented E-paper
- Fully Graphic E-paper
ESL Market by Technology
ESL Market by End-users
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Departmental Stores
- Convenience Stores
- Drug Stores
Electronic Shelf Label Market – Dynamics
ESLs are estimated to be a major opportunity in the retail IoT platform where retailers are expected to capitalize on their significance over the next five years. ESLs are becoming more advanced with the entry of new players in the market alongside leaders like SES-imagotag and Pricer. The latest generation e-papers have been an absolute gamechanger for retailers promoting their overall effectiveness and elevating customer satisfaction levels. Going forward, the competitive landscape in the global ESL market is estimated to be dominated by innovative solutions and technologies, thereby driving the retail automation market. Accordingly, the global retail automation market is expected to surpass revenues of $25 billion by 2026.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
- Demand for E-Paper Technology
- Growth in Innovations & Development
- Demand for Operational Efficiency & Profitability
- Growth in NFC Technology
Electronic Shelf Label Market – Geography
The global ESL market is highly concentrated in developed nations whereas it is still a niche and fast-growing market in developing countries of APAC and Latin America. The market growth can be attributed to the presence of global vendors like Pricer and SES-imagotag in the European region and regional vendors in China and Japan. However, the growing market trends like dynamic pricing, operational excellence, retail automation, omnichannel retailing, and intense competition in the retail landscape are expected to stimulate growth across geographies over the next five years.
ESL Market by Geography
- North America
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Displaydata Limited
- Hanshow Technology
Other Prominent Vendors
- E Ink
- Samsung Electro-Mechanics (SEMCO)
- LG Innotek ESL
- NZ Electronic Shelf Labelling
- Pervasive Displays Inc.
- Dana Industries
- TroniTAG GmbH
- SUNPAI INDUSTRIES
- Diebold Nixdorf
- Herbert Retail Limited
Looking for more information? Click Here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize fool proof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including –Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 3122332770
Country: United States