ALBANY, New York – May 27, 2015 – The term “Wireless Network Infrastructure” has conventionally been associated with macrocell RAN (Radio Access Network) and mobile core network infrastructure. However, the scope of the term is expanding as wireless carriers increase their investments in Heterogeneous Network or HetNet infrastructure such as small cells, carrier WiFi and DAS (Distributed Antenna System) nodes, to cope with increasing capacity and coverage requirements.
In addition, wireless carriers are keen to shift towards a C-RAN (Centralized RAN) architecture, which centralizes baseband functionality to be shared across a large number of distributed radio nodes. In comparison to standalone clusters of base stations, C-RAN provides significant performance and economic benefits such as baseband pooling, enhanced coordination between cells, virtualization, network extensibility and energy efficiency.
Request a REPORT SAMPLE at:
Despite an ongoing decline in traditional macrocell RAN spending, the wider wireless network infrastructure market encompassing macrocell RAN, small cells, C-RAN, RRH, DAS, mobile core, backhaul and fronthaul infrastructure will continue to witness growth over the coming years. By the end of 2020, the market is expected to account for over $92 Billion in revenue. Complimenting this growth would be over $5 Billion worth of annual R&D investments on 5G mobile technology funded by regional, national government, wireless carrier and vendor initiatives.
The “Wireless Network Infrastructure Ecosystem: 2015 – 2020 – Macrocell RAN, Small Cells, C-RAN, RRH, DAS, Carrier WiFi, Mobile Core, Backhaul & Fronthaul” report presents an in-depth assessment of 10 individual submarkets of the wireless network infrastructure opportunity. Besides analyzing key market drivers, challenges, enabling technologies, investment trends, operator revenue potential, regional CapEx commitments, network rollout strategies, future roadmap, 5G R&D initiatives, value chain, vendor assessment and market share, the report also presents revenue and unit shipment forecasts for 10 submarkets from 2015 to 2020 at a regional as well as a global scale. Historical figures are also provided for 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014.
The report has the following key findings:
• Despite an ongoing decline in traditional macrocell RAN spending, the wider wireless network infrastructure market will continue to witness growth over the coming years. By the end of 2020, the market will account for over $92 Billion in revenue
• Vendors are increasing their focus on profit margins. Many are already cutting staff, embracing operational excellence, evolving their new business models, acquiring niche businesses and expanding their managed services offerings
• New CapEx commitment avenues such as HetNet infrastructure and virtualization will continue to usher industry restructuring, and market consolidation
• As wireless carriers look to migrate towards scalable centralized baseband architectures, C-RAN investments will grow at a CAGR of 23% between 2015 and 2020. By the end of 2020, C-RAN investments will account for nearly $14 Billion
• Developing market growth will be a significant factor during the forecast period, with China and India seeing some of the highest levels of growth, both in terms of shipments and in the size of their installed base
• Due to investments in a single RAN technology, future LTE investments will cost much less than early investments of the technology
• Supplemented with a drive towards C-RAN and virtualization, a limited amount of hardware installation will be needed when wireless carriers upgrade to LTE-Advanced and 5G networks in the future
• By 2020, VoLTE subscriptions will surpass 700 Million, while nearly 60% of all LTE subscriptions will be served by LTE-Advanced networks
• Driven by regional, national government, wireless carrier and vendor initiatives, we expect 5G R&D and trial investments will account for nearly $5 Billion by 2020, following a CAGR of nearly 40% over the next 5 years
Find Latest Market Research Reports at:
The report covers the following topics:
• Up-to-date coverage of market dynamics allowing wireless network infrastructure vendors to analyze opportunities and challenges of selling to wireless carriers in different regional markets
• Analysis of demand and supply of wireless infrastructure. Research includes quantitative and qualitative market assessments as well as the forecasts of investment trends, technology requirements and deployment strategies for antenna, RAN, mobile core, backhaul and fronthaul deployments
• Market analysis and forecasts for 10 individual submarkets and their subcategories: Macrocell RAN, small cell RAN, C-RAN BBU (Baseband Unit), RRH (Remote Radio Head), DAS (Distributed Antenna System), carrier WiFi, mobile core, macrocell backhaul, small cell backhaul and mobile fronthaul
• Company profiles and strategies of over 350 ecosystem players including infrastructure vendors and enabling technology providers. The report also covers vendor market share for macrocell RAN, small cell RAN, C-RAN, DAS, carrier WiFi, mobile core and backhaul
Wireless network infrastructure value chain and future roadmap.
• The report also provides an assessment of the emerging 5G ecosystem, including key enabling technologies, R&D initiatives, investment commitments, vendor strategies and forecasts
• Review of mobile network CapEx commitments, network subscriptions, traffic projections and service revenue, by technology and region
• Market outlook for key technologies including TD-LTE, LTE-Advanced, VoLTE, RCS, LTE-Broadcast and LTE-U
Historical Revenue & Forecast Segmentation:
Market forecasts and historical revenue/unit shipment figures are provided for each of the following submarkets and their subcategories:
• Macrocell RAN
• Small Cell RAN
• C-RAN BBU (Baseband Unit)
• RRH (Remote Radio Head)
• DAS (Distributed Antenna System)
• Carrier WiFi
• Mobile Core
• Macrocell Backhaul
• Small Cell Backhaul
• Mobile Fronthaul
Visit Signals and Systems Telecom Market Research for related reports:
Read All All Countrywise Report at:
ResearchMoz is the world’s fastest growing collection of market research reports worldwide. Our database is composed of current market studies from over 100 featured publishers worldwide. Our market research databases integrate statistics with analysis from global, regional, country and company perspectives. ResearchMoz’s service portfolio also includes value-added services such as market research customization, competitive landscaping, and in-depth surveys, delivered by a team of experienced Research Coordinators.
Company Name: Researchmoz Global Pvt. Ltd
Contact Person: Mr. Nachiket
Address:90 State Street, Suite 700
Country: United States