The global market for biotechnology is expected to reach USD 604.40 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing application scope coupled with the rising demand for effective vaccines and drugs in an attempt to improve healthcare access to patients with unmet medical needs is expected to drive market demand over the next six years. In addition, the need to enhance agricultural productivity via the use of genetically engineered seeds is expected to serve this market as a driver.
Full research report on Global Biotechnology Market with detailed figures and charts available at:
Biopharmacy dominated the overall market, accounting for over 60% of the total revenue in 2013. High costs associated with the drug discovery process coupled with increasing healthcare expenditures in emerging markets such as India, China and Brazil are some of the factors augmenting biopahrmacy growth. Growing popularity of contract research outsourcing (CRO) services in an attempt to curb manufacturing and R&D costs are expected to drive bioservices demand, which is expected to be the fastest growing application market for biotechnology.
Global Biotechnology market revenue, by application, 2013
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- North America was the largest regional market, accounting for over 40% of global revenue in 2013, with growth being driven by the presence of sophisticated healthcare infrastructure, high patient awareness levels and healthcare expenditure.
- Asia Pacific is expected to register the fastest CAGR of 14.8% during the forecast period owing to the presence of untapped opportunities in emerging markets such as India and China.
- Tissue engineering and regeneration technology dominated the market in terms of revenue share in 2013 at 32.5% on account of the rising demand for regenerative medicine.
- Key industry participants include Novo Nordisk, Amgen, Gilead Sciences, Celgene, Biogen Idic, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, Merck KGaA, CSL, Regeneron, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Shire PLC, Vertex Pharmaceuticals, BioMarin Pharmaceutical, Elan, Actelion, Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, Seattle Genetics, Alkermes, Ariad Pharmaceuticals, Cubist Pharmaceuticals, United Therapeutics, Ipsen Group and DiaSorin.
Get more information on Global Biotechnology Market or request for sample of this research report at:
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global biotechnology market on the basis of application and region:
• Biotechnology Application Outlook
• Medical Gases
• Biotechnology Technology Outlook
• Tissue engineering and Regeneration
• PCR Tehnology
• Chromatography Market
• DNA Sequencing
• Cell Based Assay
• Biotechnology Regional Outlook
• North America
• Asia Pacific
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information, visit: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States