San Antonio, TX – June 8, 2015 – NBA Hall of Famer and U.S. Navy Officer, David Robinson, is teaching active duty military members and veterans entrepreneurship on Thrive15.com, an online education platform where world-class mentors provide practical business training on the 20 areas of business including: accounting, sales, marketing, legal, and more. Thrive15.com is the Khan Academy for entrepreneurs and U.S. active duty and veteran military members.
Robinson is a retired American professional basketball player, who played center for the San Antonio Spurs in the National Basketball Association (NBA) for his entire career. Based on his prior service as an officer in the United States Navy, Robinson earned the nickname “The Admiral”.
Robinson is an equity partner in Thrive15.com and provides training on leadership, mindset, family values and how to overcome adversity. Thrive15.com has teamed up David Robinson and the U.S. Chamber’s Hiring Our Heroes Program to provide free subscriptions to U.S. military families as part of the 1 for 1 HandUp Movement. The program works by providing a free subscription to veteran, reserve, and active duty members of the U.S. military and their spouses for every paid subscription on the website.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2013, 722,000 U.S. Veterans were unemployed. Thrive15.com offers practical business training to those military members wanting to become entrepreneurs.
Robinson has a passion for helping the men and women who have served in the military adding, “American entrepreneurship wouldn’t be possible without our freedom. The Thrive15.com 1 for 1 Handup Movement is a way for us to say thank you to our military members.”
Robinson is a 10-time NBA All-Star, the 1995 NBA MVP, a two-time NBA Champion (1999 and 2003), a two-time Olympic Gold Medal winner (1992, 1996), a two-time Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame inductee (2009 for his individual career, 2010 as a member of the 1992 United States men’s Olympic basketball team), and a two-time U.S. Olympic Hall of Fame inductee (2008 individually, 2009 as a member of the 1992 Olympic team). He is widely considered to be one of the greatest centers in both college and NBA history. To date, Robinson is the only player from the Navy to play in the NBA.
“As a U.S. Navy Veteran, I want to thank you for the amazing blessing Thrive15 has been for me and my family. The knowledge provided by the mentors has helped me become better organized and refocused on my WHY,” says U.S. Navy Veteran and Thriver Kevin Young.
Thrive15.com launched out of beta in February 2015, after nearly three years of development. The website provides engaging 15-minute online courses taught by millionaire mentors and everyday entrepreneurial success stories. The mentors include success stories such as NBA Hall of Famer turned successful entrepreneur, David Robinson, the former Executive Vice President of Operations for Walt Disney World Resort, Lee Cockerell, the funding expert and the co-founder of Guidant Financial, David Nilssen, the New York Times bestselling author and publicist of choice for Michael Jackson, Prince, P. Diddy, Charlton Heston and countless celebrities, Michael Levine and countless experts.
Thrive15.com costs subscribers $49 per month, $19 a month for students and offers them unlimited access to engaging 15-minute online courses taught by millionaire mentors and everyday entrepreneurial success stories. As the Khan Academy of entrepreneurship, Thrive15.com offers entertaining 15-minute business skills in video trainings taught by world-class mentors.
Quick Facts About Thrive15:
- Thrive15.com provides 15-minute practical online business courses taught by millionaires, mentors, and everyday entrepreneurial success stories.
- Thrive15.com features many celebrity mentors including:
- David Robinson, NBA Hall of Fame Basketball Player and founder of Carver Academy charter schools and Admiral Capital Group, which currently has a valuation of over $250 million;
° Lee Cockerell, the Former Executive Vice President of Operations for Walt Disney World Resort who once managed 40,000 + employees;
° Michael Levine, the founder of Levine Communications who has been the publicist of choice for Michael Jackson, Prince, P. Diddy, Charlton Heston, Cameron Diaz, and countless other celebrities;
° David Nilssen, the co-founder of one of the nation’s largest small business funding solutions, Guidant Financial and;
° Jonathan Barnett, the founder of the 400 + OXI Fresh franchises.
- Thrive15.com has teamed up David Robinson and the U.S. Chamber’s, “Hiring Our Heroes Program,” to provide free subscriptions to U.S. military families as part of the 1 for 1 HandUp Movement.
- Thrive15.com has been mentioned in Forbes, Pando Daily, Yahoo Finance, Business Insider, Entrepreneur, and numerous media outlets since launching.
- Thrive15.com offers best practice and practical online education in the core areas of business mastery that every entrepreneur must know including: legal, real estate, investing, execution, purpose, mindset, networking, business modeling, overcoming adversity, capital, branding, marketing, sales, customer service, product/service development, quality control, accounting, management, human resources, and leadership.
- Thrive15.com was founded by Chief Operating Officer and Oklahoma’s former U.S. Small Business Administration Entrepreneur of the Year, Clay Clark.
- The Chief Executive Officer of Thrive15.com is doctor, entrepreneur, and venture capitalist, Doctor Robert Zoellner.
- Thrive15.com offers points instead of grades and gives its users a chance to win a business boost package to the Thriver with the most points.
- Thrive15.com’s content is created by combining entertainment, gamification, and best-practice practical business education to increase the retention of training provided on the platform.
Company Name: Thrive15.com
Contact Person: Deedra Determan
Address:1609 South Boston Ave Suite 200
Country: United States