California has some of the best foreclosure laws in the country, designed to protect borrowers from illegal foreclosure practices. The Home Owner Bill of Rights [SB900] makes it illegal for lenders to foreclose on a home owner without first contacting the struggling borrower to offer alternatives to foreclosure. In California, if a lender does not comply with the very strong SB900 requirements, the borrower can sue the lender to stop foreclosure.
There are common mortgage fraud violations that subject lenders to a lawsuit:
- Dual tracking – This type of fraud is related toforeclosure in which the lenders proceed foreclosure while offering to loan modification.
- Negligence – This happens when the lenders tell that the homeowners’s modification documents is lost or they never received it. Other form of this fraud is the lenders tell that the borrower is qualified for a modifictaion but then they want the borrower to apply again.
- Estoppel – This one may be the annoying type of mortgage fraud because after the long wait, the lenders tell that the modification documents is denied.
- Inserting unconscionable waivers – Mortgage servicers may try to insert waivers into loan modifications where homeowners agree to release the legal claims.
- Baiting – It is very common for lenders to tell homeowners they have to be in default because the borrower can not get a modification unless they are behind on their mortgage payments.
Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/embed/ulqk9_5VZ6c
When mortgage fraud happens, the first thing to do is contact an experienced mortgage attorney. When homeowners do not take action, they may end up in foreclosure or, worst case scenario, they may miss the chance to pursue other alternatives to stop foreclosure.
Homeowners that know they are the victim of mortgage fraud should call the mortgage lawyers of Consumer Action Law Group to help resolve the matter. During the free consultation, an experienced mortgage attorney will ask about homeowners’ financial condition such as loan terms and irregularities in the loan service. Mortgage lawyers at Consumer Action Law Group will evaluate a borrower’s title and loan history and payments to determine if there is any miscalculation of mortgage payments. The dedicated team of mortgage attorneys at Consumer Action Law Group will identify violations such as accounting errors, modification process delays, and SB900 violations, such as proceeding with foreclosure while a borrower is under modification review.
After the experienced mortgage lawyer at Consumer Action Law Group evaluate the homeowners’ case and identify the violations, they will file a lawsuit against the lender. Consumer Action Law Group’s mortgage attorneys will aggressively move to resolve the matter in the best interest of homeowners and stop foreclosure while the lawsuit is pending. Anyone who believes that their lender is violating their rights should contact the mortgage attorneys at Consumer Action Law Group to find a solution.
For more information about their service, call (818) 254-8413 or visit their website: http://ConsumerActionLawGroup.com
About Consumer Action Law Group
Consumer Action Law Group is a law firm dedicated to help consumers in consumer-related matters or consumers that experienced fraud and scam. Attorneys in the team are knowledgeable and experienced in the areas of eliminating debt, mortgages fraud, auto fraud, and foreclosures. They have direct experience in consumer fraud matters and helping consumers who are facing financial crisis, foreclosure, issues with employers, and problems with auto dealers.
Company Name: Consumer Action Law Group
Contact Person: Lauren Rode, Esq.
Phone: (818) 254-8413
City: Los Angeles
Country: United States