Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a common disorder characterized by abdominal discomfort associated with altered bowel function. Although IBS is not a life-threatening disorder, it has a considerable effect on patients’ quality of life (QOL). In terms of volume, the IBS market is a large, albeit naive, one, with only a small number of pharmacotherapies indicated for the treatment of the disorder, and it is also characterized by significant unmet needs.
Eluxadoline is being developed for the treatment of IBS-D. As of October 2014, it had reached the Phase III stage of development, and also has been granted a Fast-Track designation by the FDA. Furiex Pharmaceuticals initially licensed eluxadoline from Janssen Pharmaceuticals (a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson [J&J]) for the development of the product. Subsequently, Furiex was fully-acquired by Actavis in July 2014 (Furiex Pharmaceuticals, press release, July 2, 2014).
• Overview of IBS, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
• Detailed information on Eluxadoline including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
• Sales forecast for Eluxadoline for the top 7 countries from 2013 to 2023.
• Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK and Japan.
Reasons To Buy
• Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return.
• Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for IBS.
• Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential.
• Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Eluxadoline performance.
• Obtain sales forecast for Eluxadoline from 2013-2023 in top 7 countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK and Japan).
Read this Report On LinkedIn:
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For More Information Visit: Radiant Insights
Visit Other Reports:
Absorbable surgical suture Market:
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States