Gour Sundar Haridas (Dr. G.C. Dutt IPS), MA, LLB, PHD was born at 1958 in Delhi. His father Late Gopal Dutt was IPS officer of 1939 batch attached to PM Security who retired in 1975 after receiving Padmasri from the Govt. of India. Dr. G.C. Dutt completed his schooling from Modern School, Delhi and Graduation and Post Graduation from Hindu College, Delhi University. After working with Times of India under Nandita Jain, he joined the Central Govt. service in 1986 as Law enforcement officer. He completed his PHD on Land reform movement from Jadavpur University under guide professor Amalendu Dey. During his tenure as DIG (Training) at WB Police Academy he obtained ISO ranking and Completely changed the Syllabus, Curriculum. Exam format as per National standard Laid down by MHA and BPR&D. Later after completing his LLB and PHD and also Film Critics Course from Nandan and Srftti, he then joined Iskcon’s Bhakti Vriksh Department as a volunteer devotee and completed their Bhakti Sastri Advanced Course (2011 -2013). He received his Harinam Diksha in 2013 July.
From the beginning of his career he faced various challenges, first from the Coal / Rail mafia of Asansol, then from antisocial mafias of Murshidabad followed by violent political clashes in Midnapur. It is during this Intense Volatile phase before practicing Sadhna Bhakti from 2010 onwards sincerely, he realized how the constant association of devotees (from 2010) had changed his life and also made him realize, that all the earlier material associations in his profession were based on sense gratification and lust for power. The Postgraduate & Doctorate Research done earlier had only added facts, figures, General Knowledge on material education meant to be used to work as an employee (or Karmi) & earn money for mere subsistence. Being officer on compulsory waiting has given him time to pursue his spiritual quest for 5yrs.
It was only the spiritual study of Bhagwad Gita, Srimad Bhagwat Puran and the practical teaching of Srila Prabhupad which gave positive direction to Gaur Sundarhari Das for leading a meaningful Satvic life in the service of Lord Krsna. This is also the real teaching of our Sastras coming down in disciplic succession meant to be followed by each one of us in this Terrible age of kali.
His earlier booklet on “Vaisnav life and practices” contained his lectures / speeches at Caitanya Gaudiya math etc.
He has written other books which include:
(1) Vaisnav Practices and lifestyle for Aspiring Devotees.
(2) Origin and Growth of Devi worship in Bengal and Its references in authorized scriptures.
(3) Thematic Workshop Essays of Bhakti Sastri Course (Advanced Course 2011-2013) 2014.
(4) Sri Upadesamrta By Srila Rupa Gosvami & Sri Bhaktyaloka By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura.
(5) Stories of Unknown Ordinary people around the globe which will change your life in an Extraordinary Spiritual Way!
(6) Sri Chaitanya Gaudiya Math annual lecture Series 2012-2014.
(7) Vaisnav Handbook for Devotees of Kolkata.
(8) Receiving Krsna’s Mercy by the process of Complete Self Surrender. (Purno Sharanagati).
(9) How to be a Successful Corporate Team Leader by following Krsna Consciousness.
(10) Basic Hand Book for Krishna Consciousness Vaisnav Devotees 2015
(11) The Philosophy of Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu: Discourses with Advaita Acharya, Lord Nityananda, Sarvabhauma Bhattacharjee, Ramananda Ray, Rupa Goswami, Sanatan Goswami, Raghunath Das Goswami, Jagadananda Pandit, Haridas Thakur and others.
He is closely associated with Chaitanya Gaudiya math Kolkata, Gopinath Gaudiya Math (Kol), Company Secretary Institute (Kol), Indian Management Institute (Kol), Indian Business School (Kol) and Iskcon Kolkata delivering lectures at their seminars/ Workshop’s and offering Seva/ Service as Coordinator in all their Festivals, and Lecture programs under the congregational Bhakti Vriksh department.
He also personal supervises spiritual development of 30 devotees on daily basis under the informal BMC Chanting group. They meet without fail on Sunday and discuss spiritual & material problems.
*Special Report by Anirban Bhattcharya, Council of Information and Broadcasting/ 365news.in
Company Name: Council of Information and Broadcasting
Contact Person: Dwarka
City: New Delhi