Many news reports, in recent years, have focused on the discovery of bed bugs in upscale hotels. A number of lawsuits have been filed by guests in these fashionable hotels who awoke to find hundreds of bed bug bites covering their skin. Searching on TripAdvisor and other travel-review web sites regularly reveals information and even photos confirming the presence of bed bugs in numerous hotels. Bed bugs can arrive on the clothing or in the suitcases of guests from infested homes or other hotels harboring the pests. Therefore hotels can be an easy target for bed bug infestations.
How are bed bugs spread
Bed bugs live in furniture, clothing or bedding where eggs may also be present. They spread by crawling and may contaminate multiple rooms in a home, apartment buildings, hotels and even businesses. They may also be present in boxes, suitcases, or other goods. which can be moved from residence to residence or from a hotel to a home. Bed bugs can live on clothing from infested homes and may be spread by a person who unknowingly is wearing infested clothing.
Are bedbugs just in beds?
Bedbugs are not just in beds. They can be in chair cushions, sofas, behind electrical outlets, cracks and crevices around baseboards, or even behind picture frames. Check the bottom of drapes as this is a favorite place for infestation. In other words, they can live pretty much anywhere.
How to control bedbugs
Any effective bedbug control strategy should start with a careful and thorough inspection by a pest control professional. A thorough inspection is needed for all known and suspected spots where there may be an infestation. This is not a pest that can be controlled effectiv do-it-yourself measures. Once the bed bugs are discovered, the pest control professional will develop a treatment and control strategy with the customer depending on the extent of the infestation.
Getting rid of bed bugs is not an easy process and in most cases bed bug infestation will require treatment by a pest-control expert. A variety of low-odor sprays, dusts, and aerosol insecticides can be used to eradicate bed bugs. These must be applied to all areas where the bugs are observed as well as spaces where they may crawl or hide. The pest-control company can help determine if the mattress can be disinfected or if it must be discarded. Since beds cannot readily be treated with insecticides, it’s often necessary to discard infested mattresses and possibly beds.
The pest-control expert may recommend certain forms of deep-cleaning such as scrubbing the infested surfaces with a stiff brush to remove eggs. Dismantling bed frames and furniture. Filling cracks in floors, walls, and moldings or whatever other steps there may be to take. Also encasing mattresses within special plastic bags and using a powerful vacuum on cracks and crevices.
How to prepare for an exterminator‘s bed bug treatment service
1. Strip all beds and couches including comforters, sheets, mattress pads, pillow cases, blankets, etc. Launder bedding same day of service. This will eliminate any re-infestation to the home. Use commercial trash bags to store all items and to move laundry items for bed bug treatment. Bags must be sealed air tight and labelled as washed,dried or unwashable.
2. Bed and box spring must be stood up against a wall so the technician can treat each item thoroughly. All tufts, seams and buttons on the mattresses must be treated.
3. Bed frame including wood slat, tubing, L spade metal, etc. must be disassembled and stood up against a wall.
4. Remove everything from bedroom closets and place items in plastic bags and sealing bags. All clothing and linens must be laundered the same day and not returned until after service is completed. Use commercial trash bags to store all items and to move laundry items for bed bug treatment. Bags must be sealed air tight and labelled.
5. All couches must be vacuumed and placed on end in the middle of the room.
6. Vacuum all infested rooms. Pay special attention to the floors, mattresses, bedsprings, couches, chairs, closets and closet shelves, shoes, inside dressers and nightstand drawers. Vacuum bags are to be placed in a plastic bag and discarded immediately. Regular inspection of all areas mentioned is also recommended.
7. All clothing from dresser drawers must be removed and laundered the same day of service. DO NOT return clothing until after service. The empty dresser drawers must be pulled out of dresser and placed in the centre of the room. Use commercial trash bags to store all items and to move laundry items for bed bug treatment. Bags must be sealed air tight and labelled.
8. Remove all pictures, paintings, plaques, clocks, etc. bag them seal tight and label them.
9. Remove drapes, rugs, and floor mats and have them laundered, dry cleaned, or replaced. DO NOT return these items until service is completed. Use commercial trash bags to store all items and to move laundry items for bed bug treatment. Bags must be sealed air tight and laballed.
10. Remove all animals, birds, and fish. If your fish tank is too heavy to move outside, place wet towels over the top of the tank and disconnect the air pump for 4-6 hours, also wrap the air pump in plastic.
Company Name: Ampm Bed bug Treatment Service
Contact Person: Daniel Hunts
Phone: (425) 495-0306
Address:15127 NE 24th St. Suite 221.
Country: United States