North America is leading the global omega 3 (EPA/DHA) ingredients market, due to the growing disposable income, increasing health awareness and upsurge in consumer expenditure on healthy food products. The Latin America and Middle East omega 3 ingredients market is also growing at a considerable rate, due to increasing awareness of healthy lifestyle in the regions.
The global omega 3 ingredients market is growing at a significant rate, due to increasing consumer health concerns, augmented application scope for omega 3 fatty acids, and scientific evidences supporting health benefits, with the use of omega 3 ingredients. Technological advancements, such as better encapsulation has provided ample opportunities to the growth of the global omega 3 ingredients market, in the coming years. The increasing fish oil market has unlocked enormous opportunities for the expansion of substitute sources, such as algae and flax seeds for extracting omega 3 ingredients.
View Full Report with TOC at:
On the basis of type, the omega 3 ingredients market can be categorized, as eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), and aplha-linolenic acid (ALA). The omega 3 ingredients market can also be categorized, on the basis of applications as pharmaceuticals, pet and animal feed, supplements and functional foods, and infant formulas. Supplements and functional foods market dominates the omega 3 ingredients market, among the applications categories, also it is expected to continue leading the market, in the coming years. The supplements and functional foods application leads, due to growing information about the advantages of consuming supplements, and functional foods enriched with omega 3 fatty acids, among the consumers.
Omega 3 fatty acids such as eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid are generally extracted from squid, fish oil, algae and krill. Due to high content of eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic in fish oil, it is mostly used as profitable source of omega 3 fatty acids. Several diseases, such as colon cancer, heart diseases, arthritis, breast cancer, and prostate cancer can be prevented with the consumption of omega 3 fatty acids. Inflammation can be reduced by consuming diet enriched with omega 3 fatty acids, on daily basis.
Companies, such as Similac, and Nestle S.A. have a substantial collection of omega 3 enriched infant formulations, and the companies have been gradually growing product lines, for the segment in previous years. The minimum consumption of EPA and DHA about 500 milligram per day, has been recommended by the American Dietetic Association. The claim of omega 3 about reducing the levels of triglyceride in the body, and decreasing the chances of congenital hip dislocation has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
Less awareness about the types of fats and their benefits among the consumers is restraining the growth of the omega 3 ingredients market. As the omega 3 ingredients primarily develop from fish oil, consumer opinion about smell and taste of omega 3 ingredients are hindering the growth of the omega 3 ingredients market. However, the technological advancements, such as enhanced encapsulation of omega 3 ingredients are overcoming the hindrances, in the omega 3 ingredients market. The absence of recommended dietary intake standard is posing a serious threat to the growth of the omega 3 ingredients market.
Some of the competitors in the omega 3 ingredients market are NU-MEGA Ingredients Pty Ltd., FMC Corporation, Koninklijke DSM N.V., Omega Protein Corporation, Croda, Inc., BASF SE, Arista Industries, Inc., Pronova BioPharma ASA, and Copeinca ASA.
Browse All Reports of This Category at:
• Provides comprehensive understanding of the market with the help of informed market outlook, opportunities, challenges, trends, size and growth, competitive analysis, major competitors and Porter analysis
• Identifies the key drivers of growth and challenges of the key industry players. Also, assesses the future impact of the propellants and restraints on the market
• Uncovers potential demands in the market
• Porter analysis identifies competitive forces within the market
• Provides information on the historical and current market size and the future potential of the market
• Provides sizes of key regional markets using yardsticks of processes, segments, products, end user and technology, etc (as applicable)
• Highlights the competitive scenario of the market, major competitors, market share, benchmarking, investments and merger acquisitions
• Provides profiles of major competitors of the market including details of their operations, product and services, recent developments and key financial metrics. Profiles provide better understanding of competition as well as the demands of the market
About Acute Market Reports
Acute Market Reports is the most sufficient collection of market intelligence services online. Acute Market Reports provide online reports from over 100 best publishers and upgrade Acute Market Reports collection regularly to offer direct online access to the world’s most comprehensive and recent database with expert perceptions on worldwide industries, products, establishments and trends. Acute Market Reports database consists of 200,000+ market research reports with detailed & minute market research.
For More Information, Visit Acute Market Reports
Company Name: Acute Market Reports
Contact Person: Chris Paul
Address:Office No 01, 1st Floor, Aditi Mall, Baner