Though the FDA classifies cannabis as schedule I, (A schedule I drug is a dangerous substance that has no recognized medical use and that has a high potential for abuse) recent studies suggest that components derived from cannabis have a great use as medicine, especially in fatal diseases like cancer and AIDS. This initiated a wide range of debate about legalizing cannabis for medical consumption in different states of the United States including New York.
The utilization of this plant for treatment purposes can be traced back to ancient times when it was prescribed for digestive issues, trauma help, and even mental issues. Before going to the facts on why cannabis should be legalized, let’s take a glimpse at a few health benefits of cannabis.
Health benefits of cannabis:
1. THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol) and CBD (cannabidiol) which are both cannabis extracts are widely used in the treatment of neuropathic pain and spasticity in patients with Multiple Sclerosis (MS).
2. It enables the lungs to improve breath capacity.
3. Ingredients like cannabinoidscontrol seizures by tying to the brain cells in charge of controlling excitement and managing relaxation.
4. Cannabidiol plays a vital role to stop the spread of cancer cells by shutting off the production of a gene known as Id-1.
5. It assists in removing anxiety.
6. It decreases the symptoms of a severe seizure disorder known as Dravet’s Syndrome.
7. THC slows the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
8. The drug removes the pain of multiple sclerosis.
9. Muscle spasms could be helped too.
10. It lessens side effects from treating hepatitis C and increases treatment effectiveness.
11. Marijuana protects the brain after a stroke.
Burning facts about cannabis legalization:
1. Legalization can bring billions of dollars for tax revenue.
2. More than 23 states have already legalized the use of marijuana or cannabis for medical purposes in United States.
3. Illegal marijuana is more dangerous for kids, because illegal marijuana is easily available without any ID authorization, whereas alcohol being controlled by government is out of access for kids. It should be legalized to take it under control.
4. A totally natural herb like cannabis is more appealing and safe for the consumers than artificial synthetic drugs.
5. Cannabis has a great deal of therapeutic potential.
6. Regulating marijuana improves social safety.
7. Legalization of marijuana will initiate a whole new dimension for scientific research which has been ignored for a long time.
It is time to look into the bright future of cannabis in the medical industry. It is time to stop punishing adults for using cannabis for medical purpose and eliminate the laws prohibiting the benefits that come from this natural herb.
Distributed by NetJumps International
Company Name: The Law firm of R. David Marquez, P.C.
Contact Person: R. David Marquez, P.C.
Phone: (516) 478-9302
Address:170 Old Country Rd #505
State: New York
Country: United States