The tablet PC market is growing globally with increasing consumer interest towards computing gadgets smaller than a laptop or desktop PC but bigger than a phone and providing efficient functionalities and portability. The arrival of tablets in the market has posed a tough competition for the big players of laptops and desktop PCs in the global market. Tablet shipments witnessed growth of 7.2% in 2014 over 2013. The increasing penetration and faster adoption of the tablets were attributed to special characteristics of tablet devices such as portability, lightweight and small size. Asia-Pacific region consolidated its position as the largest tablet market globally in terms of unit shipments in 2014. Activities such as texting, listening to music, social media, and mobile banking are mainly performed from smartphone devices. Whereas, users choose to execute activities such as web browsing, reading books, watching videos, reading and answering emails through tablets.
The global tablet PC market is driven by advances in 3D tablets, a designer based artistic freedom and increasing adoption of enterprise class tablets. The use of tablets is increasing compared to laptops and desktops as consumers are moving towards more portable devices. Consumer now-a-days look for personal computers that offers same or even advanced functions as offered by laptops and desktops in a portable design specification.
Browse full report with TOC at:
Various tablets are available to cater to different consumer segments, such as for kids, media and industry. The tablet vendors have also been manufacturing hybrid and convertible tablets, which have gained popularity in the tablet market among consumers of all classes. With the advent of Apple’s iPad in 2010, a new division of consumer device formed the commercial market for tablets. In 2014, Apple’s tablet was the most successful tablet worldwide; however, its market decreased over the year, and it is expected to decrease further during the forecasted period, attributed to the rising demands of android based tablet PC. Android based consumer tablet PCs are offered by different manufacturers including Samsung, Lenovo, ASUS and RCA; Samsung being the top manufacturer of Android tablets.
Many buyers of their first iPad, particularly iPad 2 or iPad 3, remain committed to their devices because there is no remarkable difference in features of new iPad and old iPad. Apple released the iPad 2 in March 2011 in the market, which remained the most popular iPad, even after recent releases of iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 in October 2014. Most of the sales of new iPads had been to net-new buyers who did not already have an iPad. Major companies have recently reduced their near future production size of tablet PC products. The replacement cycle for tablet PCs is expected to lengthen beyond one to two year range as brands are less likely to develop more attractive usage scenarios.
View all reports of this category at:
- Provides comprehensive understanding of the market with the help of informed market outlook, opportunities, challenges, trends, size and growth, competitive analysis, major competitors and Porter analysis
- Identifies the key drivers of growth and challenges of the key industry players. Also, assesses the future impact of the propellants and restraints on the market
- Uncovers potential demands in the market
- Porter analysis identifies competitive forces within the market
- Provides information on the historical and current market size and the future potential of the market
- Provides sizes of key regional markets using yardsticks of processes, segments, products, end user and technology, etc (as applicable)
- Highlights the competitive scenario of the market, major competitors, market share, benchmarking, investments and merger acquisitions
- Provides profiles of major competitors of the market including details of their operations, product and services, recent developments and key financial metrics.
- Profiles provide better understanding of competition as well as the demands of the market.
Scope of Report
The research offers Tablet PC market size and market forecast for the period 2011 to 2020. The market is breakdown as follows:
GLOBAL MARKET BREAKDOWN
- By Platform – iOS, Android, Windows, and Others
- By Screen Size – 8 inches, 8-11 inches, 11.1 inches and above
- By Region – North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of World
GLOBAL MARKET BREAKDOWN BY PLATFORM
- Global iOS market breakdown by region
- Global Android market breakdown by region
- Global Windows market breakdown by region
- Global Others market breakdown by region
GLOBAL MARKET BREAKDOWN BY SCREEN SIZE
- Below 8 inches market breakdown by region
- 8-11 inches market breakdown by region
- 11.1 inches and above market breakdown by region
For More Information visit: Acute Market Reports
About Acute Market Reports
Acute Market Reports is the most sufficient collection of market intelligence services online. It is your only source that can fulfill all your market research requirements. Acute Market Reports provide online reports from over 100 best publishers and upgrade Acute Market Reports collection regularly to offer you direct online access to the world’s most comprehensive and recent database with expert perceptions on worldwide industries, products, establishments and trends. Acute Market Reports database consists of 200,000+ market research reports with detailed & minute market research.
Company Name: Acute Market Reports
Contact Person: Chris Paul
Address:Office No 01, 1st Floor, Aditi Mall, Baner