Global biosensors market is expected to reach USD 21.17 billion by 2020. Biosensors, owing to their capability to resolve various analytical issues in diverse areas such as medicine, pharmacology, food & agriculture safety and defense, are expected to witness a rapid growth in demand over the next six years. Increasing demand for specific detection techniques for early diagnosis in the healthcare sector is expected to drive the overall biosensors market during the forecast period. Furthermore, the expanding role of biosensors in the real world environment has led to a hike in R&D efforts globally.
Browse full research report with TOC on “Biosensors Market Analysis By Application (Medical applications, Food Toxicity Detection, Industrial Process Control, Agriculture, Environment) By Technology (Thermal Biosensors, Electrochemical Biosensors, Piezoelectric Biosensors, Optical Biosensors) By End-use (Home Healthcare Diagnostics, Point of Care Testing, Food Industry, Research Laboratories) And Segment Forecasts To 2020” at:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Optical biosensors are identified as the most lucrative technology segment of this market and are expected to grow at a CAGR of over 7.0% during the forecast period. Growing use of these sensors in the field of environmental scanning is one of the key drivers of this market. The recent progress in optical biosensors has made them apt for environmental scanning wherein they are used for quantifying and characterizing environmental pollutants.
- Biosensors are mostly used in devices enabled with point of care testing. The biosensors based point of care testing segment accounted for over 40% of the end-use market in 2013. Moreover, rising demand for portable and integrated technologies that can be operated by untrained personnel outside conventional laboratories is expected to improve usage rates.
- North America accounted for more than 35% of the market in 2013. Biosensors witness the highest market penetration rates in this region owing to the presence of high procedure volumes supported by favorable government initiatives. Moreover, rapidly growing demand for point of care and home healthcare markets in the U.S. is expected to drive regional market growth during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific has high future growth potential owing to the presence of large untapped opportunities in the emerging markets of India and China. Presence of favorable government initiatives aimed at improving environmental conditions and enhancing healthcare infrastructure in Japan and Australia are also expected to serve as a high impact rendering driver for this market.
- Key players of this market include Abbott Point of Care Inc., Roche, Lifescan Inc., Bayer AG, Medtronic Inc., Universal Biosensors, Siemens Healthcare and Nova Biomedical Corporation.
Global Biosensors Application Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Medical Applications
- Cholesterol Testing
- Blood Glucose Monitoring
- Blood Gas Analyzer
- Pregnancy Testing
- Drug Discovery
- Infectious Diseases
- Food Toxicity Detection
- Industrial Process Control (Bioreactor)
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights:
Global Biosensors Technology Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Thermal Biosensors
- Electrochemical Biosensors
- Piezoelectric Biosensors
- Optical Biosensors
Global Biosensors End-use Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Home Healthcare Diagnostics
- Point of Care Testing
- Food Industry
- Research Laboratories
- Security and Bio-Defense
Biosensors Regional Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Related Reports By Radiant Insights:
- Global Magnets and Magnetic Materials Market:
- Global Quantum Dots Market:
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information, visit: http://www.radiantinsights.com/
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States