The global market for seed treatment is expected to reach USD 5.61 billion by 2020. Seed treatment demand is expected to increase due to growing need for protection of high cost seeds in the market. Additionally, effective control over seed or soil borne diseases and infections due to seed treatments will also boost the overall market. Technological development with regards to seed treatment across the crop life cycle is expected to augment the growth of the market.
Browse full research report with TOC on “Seed Treatment Market Analysis By Treatment Type (Insecticides, Fungicides, Chemical, Non-Chemical), By Crop (Corn, Soybean, Wheat, Canola, Cotton) And Segment Forecasts To 2020” at:
Insecticide treatment was the largest segment accounting for USD 1.57 billion of revenue in 2013. Cost effectiveness and ease of use are key factors for increasing popularity of insecticide treatment in the seed treatment market. Non chemical seed treatment is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.3% from 2014 to 2020, due to consumer awareness regarding non chemical products benefits to environment and human health.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global seed treatment market revenue was USD 2.98 billion in 2013 and is expected to reach USD 5.61 billion by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 9.6% from 2014 to 2020.
- Corn/Maize is the largest crop type subjected to seed treatment generating revenue of USD 1.03 billion in 2013 due to high vulnerability of crop to insects/ pests.
- North America was the largest regional market for seed treatment with revenue exceeding USD 1.26 billion in 2013. Growing demand for crops such as corn and soybean for production of biofuels coupled with technological advancement in seed treatment is expected to give the region an edge in the market over the forecast period.
- Non chemical treatment is expected to witness fastest growth at an estimated CAGR of 10.3% from 2014 to 2020. The increasing awareness regarding hazards of other seed treatment forms to human health and surrounding environment is expected to drive demand for the segment.
- The global seed treatment market is highly consolidated with the top four companies accounting for over 80% of the market in 2013. Key Companies in the market include Syngenta, Monsanto, BASF, Bayer CropScience, Chemtura, Nufarm and DuPont.
Seed Treatment Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Non chemical
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights:
Seed Treatment Crop Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
Seed Treatment Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
Related Reports By Radiant Insights:
- Global LBS Platform Market Research Report:
- Global Sandwiches Market:
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information, visit http://www.radiantinsights.com/
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States