The global market for medical gases and equipment is expected to reach USD 10.52 billion by 2020. The implementation of industry friendly regulations such as the FDA Safety and Innovation Act in the U.S. and growing patient awareness levels are expected to drive market growth over the next six years. Growing global geriatric population base coupled with increasing prevalence of target diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases (COPD) is also expected to enhance market demand over the forecast period.
Browse full research report with TOC on “Medical Gases Market By Product (Oxygen, Nitrogen, Helium, Laser Gas, Lung Gas, Aerobic, Anaerobic Mixtures, Helium Oxygen Gas Mixtures, Medical Air, Carbon Dioxide-Oxygen, Laser Gas, Lung Gas, Ethylene Oxide), By Equipment (Manifolds, Outlets, Medical Air Compressors, Masks) Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020” at:
Oxygen dominated the global medical pure gases market in 2013, accounting for over 44% of total revenue. Rising prevalence of patients admitted in emergency care and prevalence of patients suffering from respiratory diseases requiring the administration of oxygen are some of the factors accounting for its large market share. Nitrous oxide followed oxygen in terms of market share, accounting for over 25%. However, its market share is expected to decline by 2020, owing to the rising demand for anesthetic drugs. In addition, the medical gas mixtures market was dominated by oxygen-carbon dioxide medical gas mixtures in 2013, accounting for over 30% of revenue.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- North America dominated the overall market in 2013 with revenue estimated at USD 2.48 billion. However, Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing regional market, on account of rapidly developing economies of China and India, at an estimated CAGR of 9.9% during the forecast period.
- Vacuum systems dominated the overall equipment market in 2013, accounting for over 30% of total revenue, primarily due to the high prices associated with these products.
- Ethylene oxide segment is expected to be the fastest growing medical gas, at an estimated CAGR of 19.2% from 2014 to 2020. Ethylene oxide is expected to serve as an internal substitute to oxyfume 2000 and cater to the market of the latter post its phasing out by January, 2015.
- Key industry participants include Linde Gas, Matheson Tri-Gas Inc., Air Products and Chemicals Inc., Air Liquide and Praxair Inc.
Medical Gases and Equipment Product Outlook
- Medical Pure Gases
- Medical Air
- Carbon Dioxide
- Nitrous Oxide
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights:
Medical Gas Mixtures
- Carbon Dioxide – Oxygen Mixtures
- Oxygen-Nitrous Oxide Mixtures
- Ethylene Oxide
- Oxyfume 2000
- Helium Oxygen Mixtures
- Aerobic Mixtures
- Anaerobic Mixtures
- Blood Gas Mixtures
- Laser Gas Mixtures
- Lung Mixtures
Medical Gas Equipment
- Hose Assemblies and Valves
- Alarm Systems
- Cylinders and Accessories
- Medical Air Compressors
- Vacuum Systems
Medical Gases and Equipment Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Related Reports By Radiant Insights:
Global External AC-DC Power Market:
Global G.Fast Chips Market Research Report 2015:
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information, visit http://www.radiantinsights.com/
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States