The global CMOS image sensors market is expected to reach USD 10,172 million by 2020. Increasing proliferation of smartphones, which are equipped with primary as well as secondary cameras, is expected to favorably impact industry growth. Growing demand in consumer electronics such as digital cameras is also expected to drive the market over the forecast period.
Browse full research report with TOC on “CMOS Image Sensors Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020” at:
Growth in application markets, especially medical and automotive industries is expected to have a positive impact on CMOS images sensor demand over the next six years. Furthermore, decreasing prices and the development of Backside Illumination (BSI) technology is expected to enhance market penetration. Large number of benefits offered by CMOS image sensors over CCD counterparts is also expected to be a key factor for increased adoption.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global CMOS image sensors market volume was estimated at 1,601.8 million units in 2013, and is expected to reach 2,643.4 million units by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 7.5% from 2014 to 2020.
- Consumer electronics is expected to remain the largest application area over the forecast period, both in terms of volume as well as revenue. It accounted for majority of the overall volume share and over half of the revenue generated in 2013. This can be attributed to increasing demand for digital cameras such as DSLRs and applications including video calling. Medical applications is expected to be the fastest growing market for CMOS sensors, at an estimated CAGR of 9.9% from 2014 to 2020. Advancements in healthcare and need for minimally invasive procedures including endoscopy are expected to contribute significantly to overall shipments over the forecast period.
- North America accounted for 35.2% of the market revenue in 2013, with replacement demand acting as the key growth factor. Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest and fastest growing application during the forecast period, at an estimated CAGR of 6.6% in terms of revenue from 2014 to 2020, mainly due to presence of first-time buyers and high demand for digital cameras.
- Companies operating in the market include Aptina Imaging, Sony Corporation, OmniVision, STMicroelectronics, Samsung Electronics and Canon Inc. among others. The industry is moderately concentrated, and industry participants employ product innovation and development order to gain market share.
Browse All Semiconductors Research Reports at:
CMOS Image Sensors Application Outlook (Volume, Million Units and Revenue, USD Million; 2012 – 2020)
- Consumer Electronics
- Defense & Aerospace
CMOS Image Sensors Regional Outlook (Volume, Million Units and Revenue, USD Million; 2012 – 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Related Reports By Radiant Insights:
- Portable Generator Market in Europe:
- Global Aniline Market:
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information, visit http://www.radiantinsights.com/
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States