However, accidents are like gravity. There’s no stopping them, the possibility for them is ever present, and you can bet your hat that at one point and time in your life you will feel the force of an accident as well as the impact it can have on your life.
To put it bluntly, Benjamin Franklin’s famous quote “In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes” would have been perfect if he had just changed the ending to “… except death, taxes, and accidents.” You just have to accept that they are going to happen even though no one may have meant for them to. That’s why they are called accidents.
The one thing you can do, however, is be prepared for the aftermath of an accident if and when one happens. Today, J. Price McNamara and the rest of his staff at the Law Offices of J. Price McNamara in Baton Rouge, LA are here to help you get a step ahead of accidents by offering a quick go-to guide regarding personal injury attorneys and the important role one might play in your future.
When to Call a Personal Injury Lawyer
In case you hadn’t noticed, the legal system can be an unforgiving, down and dirty, cut-throat world. This is the reason people pay for insurance: health insurance, home insurance, and car insurance. Because when accidents happen things need to be paid for and that’s when things can get confusing. Especially when you are injured.
In car accidents, for instance, the first thing you need to do is determine whether your insurance company will be paying for the expenses or if the other party’s insurance company will be paying for things. This is done by determining who is at fault.
• If you are at fault, reimbursement can be sought after through your own insurance company.
• If you are not at fault then the guilty party’s insurance company will be doling out payment.
However, regardless of who is at fault or whose insurance company will be paying for the damages, many times people find themselves in a situation where the compensation they are awarded does not nearly cover the cost it will take to replace their vehicle and pay for medical bills.
This is where you can find yourself caught, left to dangle, in the webs of insurance company annals and the legal system. This is also when a personal injury attorney needs to be contacted. They can help ensure you do not get left behind in the wake of insurance settlements and medical bills. A personal injury attorney is your best bet in making sure you get the resources you need to recover from an accident in both a physical and material aspect.
Why Patience is Not a Virtue When it Comes to Personal Injury
Many people find themselves asking if they can just wait to hire a personal injury attorney until after the smoke has cleared and things are a little more clear. In truth, the answer to this question is yes you can. But then again, you can wait to call the fire department until after your house is done burning down as well.
The point is that’s what a personal injury attorneys like J. Price McNamara and his colleagues in Baton Rouge, LA are there for; to help you navigate through the smoke when it’s the thickest.
Why? Well, here are a few things you may not have known about the law and injuries resulting from accidents.
• Documentation begins to disappear. As time passes, documentation of an accident and its resulting consequences become harder to gather. If you try and approach an attorney two months or two years after an incident complaining of repercussions that have resulted in your life due to said accident, the chances of you receiving any compensation is very limited. Injuries and damages that are not photographed will be forgotten as well. Because of this, in the eyes of a court, it’s very hard to go back and recreate the circumstances that caused an accident with any authority. In addition, if a jury sees a person that has gone a long period of time after an accident without seeking aid or compensation, they will wonder why you need it now. That does not bode well in your favor. The need for help is best seen as being urgent and immediate.
• Testimony and witnesses are lost or discredited. It’s human nature for memories to fade, and the accuracy of a person’s ability to recall certain events deteriorates over time. Without immediately establishing fault for an accident through physical evidence and witnesses, a once plausible case can quickly become one of a “he said, she said” nature. A jury is then likely to find both stories believable, and that means you lose.
• The statute of limitations. In accordance with local, federal, and state laws a you have a limited amount of time to file claims about your case. The statute of limitations varies within each state, however, one thing remains the same; if you want to seek help and compensation for the repercussions of an accident until after the statute of limitations has expired in your state, you may as well not even file at all.
If you believe you have suffered extensive consequences physically, mentally or monetarily due to an accident then please feel free to call the Law Offices of J. Price McNamara in Baton Rouge, LA.
Our staff can help you figure out if there is help available to you, of if you are entitled to more aid then you have received. Don’t let yourself get lost in the system, we can help.
Distributed by Now Media Group
Company Name: Law Offices of J. Price McNamara
Contact Person: J. Price McNamara
Address:9431 Common St Suite 100
City: Baton Rouge
Country: United States