The global market for incontinence and ostomy care products is expected to reach USD 17,184.2 million by 2020. The presence of high prevalence rates of incontinence, inflammatory bowel diseases and ulcerative colitis and the rising patient awareness levels are two of the highest impact rendering drivers of this market. Some of the other market drivers include rising demand for home healthcare and institutional care. Rising global geriatric population base and the presence of high growth opportunities in the Asia-Pacific region in terms of unmet medical needs are expected to fuel the future growth of this market.
Absorbent products dominated the incontinence care products market on account of their high usage rates, accounting for over 85% of market revenue in 2012. Furthermore, the advent of technologically advanced products such as continent ileostomy and continent urostomy bags will help the ostomy care products market grow at an accelerated rate and gain market share during the course of the forecast period.
Download Sample Copy Of This Report At:
High prevalence of target disease segments coupled with high patient awareness levels and high per capita healthcare expenditure helped the North American market hold the largest market share of over 35% in 2012. However, high growth opportunities available in rapidly growing economies with large target population bases will help the Asia-Pacific incontinence and ostomy care products market grow at the fastest rate.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The global incontinence and ostomy care products market was valued at USD 11,500.0 million in 2012 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.2% from 2013 to 2020
- The incontinence care products market held majority of the market share in 2012 and is expected to maintain its market position throughout the forecast period. In addition, this market will grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period. High usage rates of disposable absorbents in developed economies such as the U.S. and Japan and growing acceptance of these products in emerging economies with high unmet needs such as China and India account for its high growth rate.
- On account of the presence of a large base of patients with unmet incontinence needs, the Asia-Pacific market will grow at the fastest pace. This market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.6% from 2013 to 2020.
- The global incontinence care products market is highly fragmented owing to the presence of a large number of local manufacturers. Some of the prominent market players include SCA (Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget), Kimberly-Clark, Unicharm Corporation and Hartmann.
- Some of the key players of the global ostomy care products market include Coloplast, ConvaTec, Hollister Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Salts Healthcare and Eakin Pelican and others
Incontinence and Ostomy Care Product Outlook
- Incontinence care
- Incontinence bags
- Others (clamps, cleaners, deodorizers, urinals)
- Ostomy care
- Ostomy bags
- Colostomy Bags
- Ileostomy Bags
- Urostomy Bags
- Continent ileostomy Bags
- Continent Urostomy Bags
- Skin barriers
- Irrigation products
Browse All Reports of This Category at:
Incontinence and Ostomy Care Regional Outlook
- North America
Latest Report by Radiant Insights:
Global Industrial Gear Oils Market Research Report:
Global Potassium Phosphite Market Research Report:
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information, visit http://www.radiantinsights.com/
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States