It may be a cause of a water leak in the plumbing system throughout your home. It could be old toilets that take massive amounts of water for each flush, or even something that seams minor like a drippy faucet due to a poor seal.
An important tip for getting the best results is not waiting to fix a leak. The longer you put this seemingly small issue to the side, the more money it is going to cost. Seeking a trusted San Diego Plumber can help solve all your problems and save money.
Below is a tip sheet on checking if there is a leak in the system:
- Turn off all the water throughout the home.
- Find the home’s water meter and keep an eye out for a yellow or red triangle or circle. If this piece is spinning, there is an indication of a leak. This means there is water flow when there should be none.
- Close the main shutoff valve. Tip: when opening and closing this valve, do it very slowly. There is a large possibly this valve hasn’t been moved in years, and there may be high water pressure coming into the home. By turning this valve off, all water flow should be stopped and the home will have no water supply. The water meter should be still and any inbound water flow will be put to a halt.
- If the water meter continues to move, then the shutoff valve may be damaged. The next step would be to contact a San Diego plumber to assist with getting the problem resolved as soon as possible. Be proactive and get help before the problem turns into a black hole consuming all your money.
- Once the valve has been shutoff, check to see if there is any water running by turning on a faucet.
- If the leak indicator is still moving, and the valve is in proper working condition, then there is a leak and a plumber should be contacted for the next step.
Plumbing system malfunctions cost Americans millions of dollars a year. Fixing plumbing problems before they turn into black holes is the fastest way to save money on water bills.
San Diego has licensed professionals to assist with any plumbing problems that may arise throughout a home or business.
Distributed by SEO 1 Click
Company Name: Plumbing Plus
Contact Person: Jordan Parkes
Address:12147 Kirkham Rd.
Country: United States