Favorable regulatory scenario coupled with environmental characteristics associated with fermentation chemicals is expected to drive their demand over the forecast period. Rapid industrialization and growth of food & beverages industry particularly in emerging economies of Asia Pacific and Latin America is also expected to have a positive influence on the market growth. Increasing R&D expenditure in order to develop novel applications is expected to yield opportunities to market participants. Consistent raw material supply is expected to remain a key challenge for market participants.
Alcohol emerged as the leading product segment and accounted for 56.6% of total market volume in 2013. Increasing ethanol and methanol production levels are expected drive the segment growth. Enzyme is expected to be one of the fastest growing product segments at an estimated CAGR of 4.6% from 2014 to 2020. Positive outlook on global food & beverages industry is expected to remain a key driving factor for this segment over the next six years.
Browse full research report with TOC on “Fermentation Chemicals Market Analysis By Product (Alcohols, Organic Acids, Enzymes), By Application (Industrial, Food & Beverages, Nutritional & Pharmaceuticals, Plastics & Fibers) And Segment Forecasts To 2020” at:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global fermentation chemicals demand was 51.83 million tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 70.76 million tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 4.5% from 2014 to 2020.
- Fermentation chemicals are majorly consumed for industrial applications which accounted for 47% of total market volume in 2013. Increasing industrialization in emerging Asian markets such as India, China and Indonesia is expected to remain a key driving factor for this segment.
- Plastics and fibers is expected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period. The segment is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 5.1% from 2014 to 2020. Growth of key end-use industries such as construction and automotive in key regional markets is expected to drive plastics demand which in turn is expected to have a positive impact on the fermentation chemicals demand.
- North America emerged as the leading regional market and accounted for 33.8% of total market volume in 2013. Favorable regulations by EPA and FDA are expected to remain a key driving factor for the regional market. Presence of sophisticated healthcare infrastructure in the U.S. is also expected to have a positive influence on the market growth. Asia Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth of 5.4% from 2014 to 2020. Increasing healthcare expenditure coupled with growth of key end-use industries is expected to drive the regional market over the forecast period.
- Global fermentation chemicals market is highly fragmented with a mix of both global and regional companies. Some key companies in the global fermentation chemicals market include Novozymes A/S, Du Pont Danisco A/S, Ajinomoto Company Incorporation, Cargill Incorporation, BASF SE, Dow Chemical Company and Evonik Industries.
Browse All Reports of This Category at:
Global Fermentation Chemicals Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Organic acids
Global Fermentation Chemicals Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Plastics & Fibers
- Pharmaceuticals & Nutritional
- Food & Beverages
Latest Report by Radiant Insights:
- Storage-as-a-Service Market in US:
- CAD Market in the Automotive Sector in EMEA:
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information, visit http://www.radiantinsights.com/
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States