Sex pheromones were widely used in mating disruption techniques of IPM for crop protection in order to increase agricultural yield. Mating disruption being the most effective IPM technique is expected to witness wide acceptance globally thus augmenting sex pheromones demand over the forecast period.
North America dominated the global IPM pheromones market in 2013 holding over 50% share and is expected to continue dominance on account of technological development and rising agricultural yields in U.S., Canada and Mexico. Europe accounted for over 20% of the total IPM pheromones market in 2013. Stringent regulation regarding chemicals used in the region coupled with matured agriculture industry is expected to result in below average growth over the forecast period.
Read Complete Report With TOC at:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- In terms of revenue, global IPM pheromones market was valued at USD 1,685.3 million in 2013, and is expected to reach USD 2,451.5 million by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 5.5% from 2014 to 2020.
- Sex pheromones are expected to witness the fastest growth at a CAGR of over 5.0% from 2014 to 2020. Sex pheromones are being used widely for mating disruption reducing number of larvae on plants and protecting crops. Extensive adoption of IPM programs by farmers coupled with government initiatives promoting IPM are expected to significantly impact sex pheromones market over the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth at a CAGR of over 6.0% from 2014 to 2020, owing to improving economic condition of farmers in emerging economies of India and China thus providing ample avenues for market growth. Increasing adoption of novel technologies in agriculture to increase yield and improve quality is expected to augment IPM pheromones demand in the region over the forecast period. Further, increasing population in the region has resulted in increased food demand thus rising IPM adoption rate positively impacting pheromones market growth.
- Key market participants such as Shin-Etsu Chemicals and Suterra LLC have numerous patents relating to pheromones development and use to their credit. Major market players such as Syngenta Bioline, Russell IPM, Sumi Agro France and Hercon Environmental are focusing on developing new IPM pheromones through extensive R&D in their laboratories. Companies are also keen on development of optimum application techniques for IPM pheromones. Other companies in the market include Active IPM, AgBiTech, Agrichembio, Agrochem, ATGC Biotech, Atlas Agro, SemiosBIO and Trécé Inc.
Browse All Reports of This Category at:
Global IPM Pheromones Market Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
• Sex Pheromones
• Aggregation Pheromones
• Oviposition-Deterring Pheromones
• Alarm Pheromones
Global IPM Pheromones Market Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Latin America
Latest Report by Radiant Insights:
Global Accelerator Pedal Module Market:
Global Aerostat Systems Market:
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information, visit http://www.radiantinsights.com/
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States