GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research, Anticonvulsants Market to 2016 Cost Advantage and Dosage Convenience Provided by Generic Anticonvulsants Will Limit Commercial Opportunities for Novel Therapies, which provides insights into global anticonvulsant market and market forecast until 2016.
Report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Researchs team of industry experts.
The report provides an in-depth analysis of the top five therapeutic indications for which often anticonvulsants are prescribed which includes epilepsy, fibromyalgia, migraine, neuropathic pain and bipolar disorder. The report also examines the Global anticonvulsant treatment usage patterns for the covered indication. In addition, the report also includes insights into the anticonvulsant R&D pipeline.
GBI Research analysis shows that the overall global anticonvulsant market for the five indications epilepsy, fibromyalgia, migraine, neuropathic pain and bipolar disorder is valued at $7.75 billion in 2009. The market is expected to witness a decline at a CAGR of 0.1% for the forecast period and will reach $7.7 billion by 2016.
Browse full report with TOC at:
Patent expiries of leading anticonvulsant followed by generic erosions are the main reason for decline in anticonvulsant market. However expected launch of new anticonvulsants is expected to stabilize the market in future.
The US was the largest region for the anticonvulsant market in terms of revenue, accounting for 52% followed by Top five countries of Europe and Japan which contributed 36% and 12% respectively.
The top pharmaceutical companies in anticonvulsant market companies Pfizer, Novartis, Abbott, UCB, Johnson & Johnson and GlaxoSmithKline. Large amount of fragmentation in the market provides significant scope for consolidation through mergers and acquisitions.
The scope of this report includes:
- Data and analysis on the global anticonvulsant market.
- Annualized market data for the anticonvulsant market from 2002 to 2009, with forecasts to 2016.
- Market data on the therapeutic landscape which covers epilepsy, fibromyalgia, migraine, neuropathic pain and bipolar disorder, including market size, market share, annual cost of therapy, sales volume and treatment usage patterns such as disease population and treated population.
- Key drivers and restraints that have had a significant impact on the market and on each indication.
- The competitive landscape of the global anticonvulsant market which includes companies such as Pfizer, Novartis, Abbott, UCB, Johnson & Johnson and GlaxoSmithKline.
- Key M&A activities and Licensing Agreements that took place from 2005 to 2010 in the global anticonvulsant market.
View all reports of this category at:
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to:
- Align your product portfolio to the markets with high growth potential.
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the potential region and therapeutic segments poised for strong growth.
- Device a more tailored country strategy through the understanding of key drivers and barriers of the regions anticonvulsant market.
- Develop key strategic initiatives by understanding the key focus areas and top selling anticonvulsant molecules of leading companies.
- Accelerate and strengthen your market position by identifying key companies for mergers, acquisitions and strategic partnerships.
For More Information Click Here: Acute Market Reports
About Acute Market Reports
Acute Market Reports is the most sufficient collection of market intelligence services online. It is your only source that can fulfill all your market research requirements. Acute Market Reports provide online reports from over 100 best publishers and upgrade Acute Market Reports collection regularly to offer you direct online access to the world’s most comprehensive and recent database with expert perceptions on worldwide industries, products, establishments and trends. Acute Market Reports database consists of 200,000+ market research reports with detailed & minute market research.
Phone (India): +91 7755981103
Toll Free (US/Canada): +1-855-455-8662
Company Name: Acute Market Reports
Contact Person: Chris Paul
Address:Office No 01, 1st Floor, Aditi Mall, Baner