The global scanning electron microscopes market is expected to reach USD 2.9 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research Inc. Rapidly growing semiconductor industry leads to rising demand of microscopes in procedures such as lithography, coating, failure analysis and element detection. Increasing demand in application areas of semiconductor industry such as miniature transistor chips and quantum dots are further expected to drive market growth over the forecast period.
The rising demand for research in nanotechnology, which essentially requires technologically advanced and high-resolution microscopes along with the presence of favorable government funding in support of R&D innovation are anticipated to propel market growth over the forecast period.
For instance, the National Institute of Health (NIH) is granting a huge amount to the University of California (UC), Berkeley under the initiative termed as BRAIN (President Barak Obama’s Brain Research through Advancing Innovative Neurotechnologies).
Full research report on scanning electron microscopes market analysis:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Application of SEM in pharmaceuticals is expected to account for over 30% share by 2022 owing to, the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases leading to increased R&D expenditure and demand for digital microscopes in the fields of life sciences and medicine.
- Application of SEM in automobiles is expected to grow at a lucrative CAGR of over 11.0% over the forecast period. Increasing demand of SEM in surface observation, film thickness analysis and coating analysis is expected to drive demand.
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the market by 2022 at over 35.0%, due to the presence of world class manufacturers for scanning electron microscopes in this region and increasing usage of SEM for elemental analysis and imaging.
- Growing demand for advanced scanning electron microscopes for the range of material research is expected to boost the SEM market in Latin America which is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.6% over the forecast period.
- Furthermore, the presence of favorable funding initiatives by government accelerates R&D in various industries such as pharmaceutical, semiconductor and automobiles.
- Some key players of this market include Bruker Corporation, Danish Micro Engineering (DME), FEI Company, Hitachi High Technologies Corporation, JEOL Ltd., Leica Microsystems, Nanoscience Instruments, Inc., Nikon Corporation, Olympus Corporation, Tescan Orsay Holding and Carl Zeiss.
- The extensively adopted strategic initiative by key players includes substantial investment in R&D of SEMs. According to the U.S. National Nanotechnology Initiative, public investment in nanotechnology grew from zero in 2000 to approximately USD 65 billion in 2011.
- New product launches such as out-lens type thermal-electron gun scanning electron microscope by Hitachi High Technologies Corporation is also likely to serve as a viable sustainability strategy.
Request for sample of this research report:
Grand View Research has segmented the global scanning electron microscopes market on the basis of end use and region:
End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022):
- Electronics & Semi conductors
- Steel & other metals
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022):
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States