Global Home Infusion Therapy Market is expected to reach USD 31.9 billion by 2022, according to a new study by Grand View Research Inc. Rising incidence of chronic disorders has led to an augmentation in the demand for infusion therapy in outpatient settings, thereby boosting the home infusion therapy market. Rapidly growing geriatric population base globally, is also likely to serve this market as a high impact rendering driver. The home infusion therapy is considered beneficial for patients as they get the entire treatment at the comfort of their home. Furthermore, home infusion therapy is a cost effective alternative to placement in hospital, and allows patients to adhere to their normal lifestyle while receiving treatment. Rising incidences of hospital acquired infections is a high impact rendering driver of this market. Additional healthcare spending associated with these infections are expected to encourage patients to prefer home care over the conventional settings.
Full research report on Global Home Infusion Therapy Market Analysis:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Needleless connectors are expected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period. Growing demand for enhanced healthcare service provider safety has led to the rise in demand for needleless connectors.
- Anti-Infective dominated the market with a revenue share of over 25.0% in 2014. Home administration of anti-infective therapy is preferred by patients who have chronic infections that cannot be treated through oral agents. It is considered as the most user friendly home infusion therapy.
- North America accounted for more than 40% of the home infusion therapy market in 2014 on account of the presence of large geriatric population base. Presence of sophisticated healthcare infrastructure and favorable reimbursement plans laid out by regulatory bodies are also expected to make significant contributions towards market growth.
- Asia Pacific is expected to emerge as a high growth market over the forecast period. Presence of large unmet needs in the emerging economies such as China and India. Rising patient awareness levels regarding the benefits of home infusion therapies over the in-hospital infusion therapies is expected to further boost the growth of this region.
- Key players of home infusion therapy market include B. Braun Melsungen AG, Fresenius Kabi AG, Baxter, CareFusion Corporation and Hospira Inc. Mergers and acquisitions and entering into strategic collaborations with healthcare providers are two key sustainability strategies adopted by these market participants.
Request for sample of this research report:
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global home infusion therapy market on the basis of products, application, and region:
Global Home Infusion Therapy Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Infusion pumps
- Intravenous Sets
- IV Cannulas
- Needleless Connectors
Global Home Infusion Therapy Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Hydration Therapy
- Enteral Nutrition
- Parenteral Nutrition
- Specialty Pharmaceutical
Home Infusion Therapy Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States