The report is an essential source of information on and analysis of the healthcare, regulatory and reimbursement landscape in Germany. It identifies the key trends in the country’s healthcare market and provides insights into its demographic, regulatory, and reimbursement landscape and healthcare infrastructure. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights into the trends and segmentation of its pharmaceutical and medical device markets. It uses data and information sourced from proprietary databases, secondary research, and in-house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
Download Sample Copy Of This Report at:
Germany’s increasingly elderly population and its associated disease burden are key drivers of its pharmaceutical market. In 2013, the elderly accounted for 27.1% of the total population, expected to increase at Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 1.2% to 29.5% in 2020.
In 2008, healthcare expenditure as percentage of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) amounted to 10.7%, which increased to an estimated 11.5% in 2013. In 2011, the government initiated a new plan – Arzneimittelmarkt-Neuordnungsgesetz (AMNOG) – to curb healthcare expenditure.
The pharmaceuticals market was worth $54.7 billion in 2008 and is projected to have reached a value of approximately $65 billion by 2020 at a CAGR of 1.4%. The German medical device market was valued at $18.9 billion in 2008 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.1% to reach $34.4 billion in 2020. These positive growth trends can be primarily attributed to:
• The rising prevalence of chronic disease
• Universal health coverage
• Well established and centralized regulatory procedure
Browse All Reports of This Category at:
The report provides information on the healthcare, regulatory, and reimbursement landscape in Germany, and includes:
- An overview of the pharmaceuticals and medical device markets, consisting of market size, segmentation, and key drivers and barriers
- Profiles and SWOT analyses of the major players in the pharmaceutical market – Novartis, Pfizer, Teva Pharmaceutical, Sanofi and Roche – and profiles and SWOT analyses of the major players in the medical device market – Medtronic, Siemens Healthcare, F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Philips Healthcare and GE Abbott Laboratories
- Insightful review of the reimbursement and regulatory landscape, with analysis covering details of the country’s healthcare reimbursement process, regulatory agencies and the approval processes for new drugs and medical devices
- Detailed analysis of the political and economic environment, covering economic indicators, demographics, healthcare infrastructure and healthcare expenditure
- An overview of the opportunities for and challenges to growth in the healthcare market
Reasons To Buy
This report will enhance your decision-making capability by enabling you to –
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving Germany’s healthcare market
- Drive revenue by understanding the key trends, reimbursement and regulatory policies, pharmaceutical market segments, and companies likely to affect Germany’s healthcare market in the future
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and analyzing the performance of various competitors
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the best opportunities for consolidation, investment, and strategic partnerships
- Identify, understand, and capitalize on the opportunities and challenges in Germany’s healthcare market
Latest Report by Radiant Insights:
- CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape – Vietnam:
- CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape – Brazil:
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information, visit http://www.radiantinsights.com/
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States