The global epigenetics market is expected to reach USD 16.31 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing worldwide prevalence of cancer and other diseases with epigenetic modification base is expected to drive market growth during the forecast period.
Diagnostic companies are coming up with new products such as antibodies specific for the detection of modifications and new upgraded kits for easy and efficient detection of biomarkers. This is expected to attract pharmaceutical companies to collaborate for the development of therapeutic drugs.
Presence of pipeline drugs and their expected commercialization is anticipated to boost penetration rates over the forecast period. For instance, Ramucirumab (Cyramza) by Eli Lilly and Company was approved by the FDA for use in combination with Folfiri for the treatment of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer.
Technology advancements in the field of epigenetics especially pertaining to the detection of methylation markers related to cancer development is expected to improve usage rates during the forecast period. For instance, Epi proLung BL Reflex Assay by Epigenomics helps in the diagnosis of lung cancer by determining methylation of SHOX2 biomarker gene.
Browse full research report for epigenetics market:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Epigenetic reagents was the largest market valued at over USD 1.2 billion in 2014 owing to the increasing amount of R&D investments and high consumption rates. Kits are expected to gain rapid growth in demand due to the increasing need of rapid and accurate detection techniques.
- DNA methylation was the largest technology segment accounting for over 47.0% revenue in 2014. The introduction of technological advancement such as Methylation Sensitive PCR (MSP) and rapid adoption of these products to improve diagnostics efficiency are some factors attributing for its largest share.
- Oncology was the largest application market, with revenue valued at over USD 2.75 billion. Growing prevalence of cancer with epigenetic modification base and strong product pipeline are some factors attributing to its market position.
- Non oncology segment is anticipated to register the fastest growth of over 20.0% during the forecast period. The segment is dominated by metabolic diseases owing to, the growing base of population suffering from diabetes and organ failure and increasing prevalence of sedentary lifestyle.
- North America was observed to be the largest regional epigenetics market accounting for over 38.0% of the overall revenue, due to factors such as the increasing cancer prevalence, increasing amount of funding for R&D, growing collaborations between large pharmaceutical firms for development of improved therapeutics, high patient awareness levels.
- The Asia Pacific market is estimated to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period owing to, the presence of large prevalence of target diseases and high unmet medical needs
- Some key players of the epigenetics market include Illumina, Abcam, Diagenode, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Merck, Zymo research, Qiagen, CellCentric Ltd, Chroma Therapeutics Ltd, Eisai Co. Ltd, Novartis International AG, Oncolys Biopharma Inc., Syndax Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Valirx Plc and Sigma-Aldrich Corporation.
- Extensive R&D initiatives aimed at the development of novel drugs and the presence of strong product pipeline is expected to further boost market growth over the forecast period.
Request for sample of this research report:
Grand View Research has segmented the global epigenetics market on the basis of product, technology, application and region:
Epigenetics Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2022)
Epigenetics Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2022)
- DNA Methylation
- Histone Methylation
- Histone Acetylation
- Large noncoding RNA
- MicroRNA Modification
- Chromatin structures
Epigenetics Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2022)
- Solid Tumors
- Liquid Tumors
- Non Oncology
- Inflammatory Diseases
- Metabolic Diseases
- Infectious Diseases
- Cardiovascular Diseases
Epigenetics Market Regional Outlook(Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States